Task templates allow you to assign a series of common bulk tasks to an opportunity or person. Task templates are helpful when the same bulk tasks need to be applied regularly. For example, to ensure the same workflow is followed for each opportunity.
Task templates are commonly created for key status changes.
Creating a Task template
- In the Admin tab select CRM Settings in the left panel and click on Task template.
- Click on the green plus symbol to add a new template.
- Set up a template by giving it a Template Name and choosing an Opportunity Type. Either select a specific Opportunity Type that this template can be applied to, or select All.
- Click on the green plus symbol to add a new task and set up the task information.
- Subject: each task you add will be listed in alphabetical order when applied, so they are in sequence, it's best to label them numerically eg. 101, 102, 103, etc.
- Delegate: the person who the task is assigned to. The task will appear in their CRM, and on their dashboard on the due date.
- Date Offset: set the task before the Offset Dependency date by entering a negative number, or after the dependency date by entering a positive number. In the screenshot below, the due date of task 101 is 30 days after settlement. The due date of task 102 is 10 days before the finance date.
- Offset Dependency: choose the relevant offset dependency from the drop-down list.
- Click Save & Exit.
A task template can then be used in your Opportunity Auto-Actions via a Status Change
Note: The Task Templates are not available when creating an ad-hoc task from a Person or Opportunity record.