Apply Online works slightly differently with Virtual Branches. If you're using Virtual Branches in Mercury, it's important to understand the differences when it comes to Apply Online. Please read the below summary carefully.
Master Branch users can view each other's Apply Online applications within Apply Online.
1. Access Apply Online by clicking the link on the Dashboard.
2. Click the View menu a select Find All Applications.
3. Click the Loan Writer drop-down list and select any other Loan Writer in your company.
Using Apply Online from a Virtual Branch
Within a Virtual Branch, you can only search for your own Applications within Apply Online and you will only see your own name in the Loan Writer drop-down box.
As a rule, all Apply Online applications should start in Mercury, and be pushed across to Apply Online. Once you have completed your opportunity, click on Start ApplyOnline Application.
Note: You will only be able to select Start ApplyOnline Application if you have first chosen an applicable lender.
This being the case, Virtual Branch users will be able to find all Apply Online applications via the Opportunity in Mercury.
Open the existing Opportunity >> Edit ApplyOnline Application to view an existing Apply Online application.
This essentially logs the user in to Apply Online as the Loan Writer.
- Direct cloning to the same Loan writer - OK
- Direct cloning to a different Loan writer - Not Recommended
Since it logs the user in to Apply Online as the Loan Writer, it will clone the new application under the same Loan Writer
Due to this,
- All the new Lender Notifications will go to the previous loan writer.
- If you try to change the loan writer inside the Opportunity, It will break the connection between Apply online Application and the Mercury Opportunity.
If you need to submit an application under a different Loan Writer, there are two options.
You will need to start the Apply Online application again by removing the ApplyOnline ID from
the Opportunity. Change the Loan writer in Mercury and click Save. Then click on Start ApplyOnline Application.
Lender Notification Reciever - New Loanwriter
You can request some on in the parent company to clone the application for you.
When cloning from the Parent company, they need to Assign the application to the loan writer inside your virtual branch.
Lender Notifications Reciever - New Loanwriter and the cloned person.