Import client contact details from an Excel spreadsheet, including phone numbers and addresses, directly into the People section of your CRM in Mercury.
Watch this webinar to learn how to import client contacts into Mercury.
It's advisable to view this webinar in HD to avoid blur. Click on the button >> set the Quality to 720p
Importing client contacts
We suggest you create a Data Category so that you can easily find all your imported contacts in case you need to roll back your import.
Note: There is a limit of 5000 contact records per file uploaded. Person records without a Date of Birth need to be uploaded separately from records with a Date of Birth.
- In the Admin tab, select CRM Settings.
- Click Manage Categories and click the green plus symbol. Name the data category and click Save.
- In the Admin tab select Data in the left-hand panel and click on Import Contacts.
- Click on the magnifying glass to find the Excel spreadsheet to be uploaded.
- Click Import to CRM. The first ten records in the excel spreadsheet will show as a preview.
- Select the specific category from the Category drop-down list, if required.
- Check the Create an opportunity for each contact checkbox
- Select the title from the drop-down list that corresponds to where in Mercury each field is to be imported. Repeat this step for each column that you want to import data from.
- Click Import
- To finalise the import click Approve Import.
- To cancel the import click Rollback Selected Imports.
Note: Company Records need to imported separately. Check the Import Data as Company Records to do so.
Note: that upon importing your data Mercury will validate the email addresses and mark them as bounced if they cannot be validated. These email addresses will need to be verified and updated.
Mercury data fields
The following fields can be imported into Mercury.
Data you can import into Mercury:
|Date of Birth|
|Employment Commenced Date|
(MUST be a CA number, with CA in capital letters)
|Home Address Line 1|
|Home Address City|
|Home Address State|
|Home Address Postcode|
|Home Address Country|
|Business Address Line 1|
|Business Address City|
|Business Address State|
|Business Address Postcode|
|Business Address Country|