Send Questionnaires to your clients via email from Mercury so that your clients electronically provide you with opportunity details.
Emailing a Questionnaire from Mercury
- Open an Opportunity and click Questionnaires in the left-hand panel.
- Select the Questionnaire you wish to email to your client
- Click on the Email icon to generate an email to the client
- A new email will be generated containing a link to your Questionnaire. Enter the body text and click Send & Save
- The email you sent is saved in the Notes section of the Opportunity record
- The client needs to click on the link in the email to access and fill out the Questionnaire
- When they have finished, the client needs to click Submit so that their answers will then be automatically updated in Mercury
If you have sent a Needs Analysis Questionnaire, the results will be added to the Preliminary Assessment document next time you do a merge
If you have created a custom Questionnaire, the answers will not feed back into your Opportunity. However, you can print the Questionnaire and answers as a Word document. Refer to How to Print a Questionnaire
The Loan Writer and Admin set for the Opportunity will receive an email containing the Questionnaire answers. Note: If there is no Loan Writer set on your Opportunity, no one will receive an email notification that the client has filled out the answers.
- For the email notification there is a size limit so if your custom questionnaire is over the limit you will receive an email notification that the questionnaire has been completed but it will not include the answers.
- The email template is linked to the Questionnaire itself and can be viewed in CRM Settings >> Manage Questionnaires provided it is a custom Questionnaire created by your group
- You will not be able to edit a Master Questionnaire
- By default the Needs Analysis Questionnaire caters for only two applicants. If your application has more than two then the work around is to first send it to the first two applicants. Then merge your Preliminary Assessment document. You can then generate secondary Needs Analysis Questionnaires for additional applicants to complete. Once completed you can use the Print button to merge to a word document. You can then copy and paste the answers into your previously merged Preliminary Assessment in MS Word.