Lead Sources are used to track where your business is coming from. Advertising campaigns and general referral sources are listed under Lead Sources.
You can add, delete, rename and filter your Lead Sources. You can choose in which branch a lead source is available and you can also assign an opportunity to a Lead Source for reporting purposes.
Setting up Lead Source options
You need Admin access level to set up Lead Source options.
- In the Admin tab select CRM Settings in the left-hand panel and click on Manage Lead Sources.
- Use the Plus and Cross icons to add and remove Lead Source options.
- Double click on a Lead Source to change the name. Note: that this can only be done if the lead source belongs to the company you are editing from.
- Un-tick the Lead Source options that you don't want to appear in the Lead Source drop-down list. Click OK.
- To configure the branch that the lead source is available in, double-click in the 'Visible in' column for that lead source.
- Tick the 'Select who can view this lead source' checkbox, and select the lead source by ticking the corresponding checkbox in the select column. Click OK.
Assign a Lead source to an Opportunity
Lead Sources are used to track opportunities that have come your way because of a lead. You can assign an opportunity to a Lead Source by following these steps:
- In the CRM tab open an opportunity.
- Click on Details in the left-hand panel.
- Click on the magnifying glass next to Lead Source and choose the appropriate Lead Source from the list and click Choose.
- You will see these changes reflected when you select a lead source from an opportunity, and from the Reports - Lead Source section of Mercury.