Contact Syncing allows you to sync your People records in Mercury to your Google contacts. You can then sync your Google contacts to your Smartphone or Outlook contacts.
Contacts are synced one way - from Mercury to Google.
Syncing Mercury People records to Google
To operate contact syncing you will need a Google or Gmail account. To set this up visit https://accounts.google.com.
- In the Admin tab select Data in the left-hand panel and click on CRM Sync Settings.
- Click Enable Contact Syncing. Note: Syncing contacts only works one way - from Mercury to Google.
- Click Sync to sync your selected Mercury People records to Gmail.
- A new window will open.
- Click Allow Access to give permission for Google to access your Mercury People records.
- A confirmation message "Google contacts sync successfully set up!" will appear.
Selecting Contacts to Sync
- In the CRM tab, select People in the left-hand panel and click on the People records you want to add to the sync list.
- Click Contact Sync and choose either Sync All or Sync Selected from the drop-down box. All synced contacts will have next to their name.
- You can add individual contacts to sync by opening their details page and ticking Add to Sync List.
NOTE: If you delete a People record from Mercury, it will not delete the data from Gmail.
Importing Contacts from Google
If you would like to add your Gmail contact to Mercury, please export your Gmail contacts to an Excel spreadsheet. Refer to http://www.wikihow.com/Export-Gmail-Contacts.
Then, import the Excel spreadsheet into Mercury. Refer to Importing Client Data into Mercury.
Syncing client contacts to Outlook
Mercury contacts can be synced to Outlook after first synchronising with Google. The following method uses third-party Google applications to pull contacts across to your Outlook. The links below provide the apps and tutorial videos about how to set this up.
Bear in mind that any changes you make to the client's details in Outlook (or Gmail) will not update the client's details in Mercury. Therefore, Mercury should be used as the hub of client data.
- If you don’t have Google Business Apps account, you can download “outlook4gmail” and run through the instructions from here.
- If you have a Google Business Apps account, you can download “Google Apps Sync” and run through the instructions from here.
Syncing client contacts to your Smartphone
Set up the sync between the Google account and your Smartphone:
iPhone - There are several third-party apps with auto sync available in the App store. Refer to https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333
Android - Simply set up your Gmail account as an email account on your device, and enable Contacts to sync.