You have the option to change your password in Mercury Nexus.
It is recommended that you change your Mercury password regularly to protect your data.
If you are logged in to Nexus and just want to update/change your password, please refer to the steps and screenshots below;
Changing your Password
- In the Admin App select My Details in the left-hand panel.
- Click the Change Password button.
3. Enter the desired password. Confirm it and click on the Update button.
Mercury requires you to have a medium or strong password. Password strength is increased by:
Including capital letters
Including special characters (ie !,%,*).
**Also, mentioned on How to increase password strength? notification.
Please refer to the notes section below on how you set up a good, strong, and much better password for your Mercury account.
Please take note of the following;
- 7 characters and below is Too Short (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. in random characters). The Confirm Password box will stay greyed out.
- 8 characters are Good (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. in random characters). The Confirm Password box will start to allow the user to enter and confirm the password.
- 9 characters and above is Strong (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc but in random characters)
- any same numbers (eg. 11111111111) or same letters (eg. qqqqqqqq) or same symbols (eg. !!!!!!!!!!) regardless of how long it is will still give you a weak password.
- also, there is a "How to increase password strength?" button that you can click on the same page if you want to know more on how to set up a much stronger password.
*Tip: Use at least 10 characters (Alphanumeric+symbols) when updating your password. (ex. W3lc0me01!, @Con3ct1v3)