The Mercury Inbox allows you to push emails and attachments from your inbox directly into Mercury.
The Mercury Inbox can be used in 2 ways:
- You can send an email to your unique Mercury email address and then allocate to an opportunity or person within Mercury.
- You can email directly to an opportunity or person within Mercury using an email address specific to that opportunity or person record. The email will be stored automatically in the notes section of the opportunity or person record.
NOTE: The Mercury inbox does not support multiple attachments being sent in one email. If you want to forward multiple emails, you will need to individually forward each email.
Finding your unique Mercury email address
- In the Admin tab, select My Details.
- Click Email to Mercury.
- The Email to Mercury Settings window appears which contains your unique Mercury email address.
- The address next to your name is your unique Mercury email address. Copy and paste this email address and save as a contact. When you use this email address it is only available for allocation by you in Mercury.
- The address next to the Head Office is available for allocation by other users in the same company or branch.
- Click the Virtual branches drop down list pick the appropriate branch.
- Click Ok.
- In your email account, open the email you wish to send to the Mercury Inbox. Enter the email address in either the To: or Cc: address field.
Assigning the email to an opportunity or person
- Once you send an email to Mercury, it will appear in the Mercury Inbox in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Inbox.
- Select the email you wish to assign.
- In the Look up a Person/Opportunity section, search for the relevant opportunity or person, or click Recent Opportunity.
- If there is an attachment, choose to save in either the Opportunity/Person or Note.
- Click Assign.
Finding the email address specific to an opportunity or person
- Open the opportunity or person record.
- Click on View Opportunity Email Address.
- Copy the email address to your contacts>
- Send the email to this email address. The email and any attachments will be stored automatically in the Notes section of the opportunity or person record.