The Mercury Inbox allows you to push emails and attachments from your inbox directly into Mercury.
The Mercury Inbox can be used in 2 ways:
- You can send an email to your unique Mercury email address and then allocate to an opportunity or person within Mercury.
- You can email directly to an opportunity or person within Mercury using an email address specific to that opportunity or person record. The email will be stored automatically in the notes section of the opportunity or person record.
NOTE: The Mercury Inbox support multiple attachments being sent in one email but only up to five (5) attachments are allowed in every email to send. You won't received the email you have sent in your Mercury Inbox if you have attached six (6) attachments and above.
BCC to the Mercury Inbox - unsupported
Mercury does not support BCC to the Mercury Inbox.
Some users with a Gmail address have been able to successfully BCC the Mercury Inbox and have their emails come through.
As this service is not supported, we are unable to assist if you experience issues.
How to access the Mercury Inbox
In the CRM application click the Mercury Inbox icon in the left hand navigation panel.
In Mercury 5 the Mercury Inbox is found top right.
Finding your unique Mercury email address
In the CRM application the unique Mercury Inbox email address can be found under the button.
Each account will show the user's unique inbox email address and also a branch inbox email address which other Mercury accounts in that branch also have access to.
Click the icon to copy the email address.
In Mercury 5
- In the Admin tab, select My Details.
- Click Email to Mercury.
- The Email to Mercury Settings window appears which contains your unique Mercury email address. Note : The actual email address is contained in the <>
- The address next to your name is your unique Mercury email address. Copy and paste this email address and save as a contact. When you use this email address it is only available for allocation by you in Mercury.
- The address next to the Head Office is available for allocation by other users in the same company or branch.
- Click the Virtual branches drop down list pick the appropriate branch.
- Click Ok.
- In your email account, open the email you wish to send to the Mercury Inbox. Enter the email address in either the To: or Cc: address field.
Note: Do not enter the Mercury email address in the Bcc: address field as the Mercury Inbox function will not process the email.
Assigning the email to an opportunity or person
Click the button to assign an email to a record.
The allocation window will appear. Use the Search field to locate records. Click the Assign button to complete the process.
Your email will appear on that record as a Note.
Assigning in Mercury 5
- Once you send an email to Mercury, it will appear in the Mercury Inbox in the top right-hand corner.
- Click on Inbox.
- Select the email you wish to assign.
- In the Look up a Person/Opportunity section, search for the relevant opportunity or person, or click Recent Opportunity.
- If there is an attachment, choose to save in either the Opportunity/Person or Note.
- Click Assign.
Finding the email address specific to an opportunity or person
- Open the opportunity or person record.
- Click on View Opportunity Email Address.
- Copy the email address to your contacts>
- Send the email to this email address. The email and any attachments will be stored automatically in the Notes section of the opportunity or person record.
The Mercury Inbox is uploading the emails as Notes in the Opportunity or Person record. The note field using HTML to display the email. Please note that if you send in your email as a Plain Text email the formatting will be lost.