An Outgoing mail server should only be set up if you must have emails coming from your company. In all other instances, we recommend using the standard mail services provided in Mercury. The reason for this is that this functionality relies heavily on having the subject matter expertise in your business to set it up correctly. This is not something that Connective can do for you.
Before you get started
If you do require an Outgoing Mail Server, there are a few things to take into consideration beforehand:
If you face issues sending emails via your own email server, the Mercury Help-desk will not be able to assist with troubleshooting. Each email server is set up differently, so you will need to consult your email server administrator.
- Bulk emails will always go to the Mercury email server.
- If the password for that account changes, then you need to update it in Mercury as well.
You can only have one set of credentials per partner group. This means this account is used to send email for all of your Mercury accounts and thus each separate account would need delegate rights in order to send emails.
If an outgoing mail server is not setup up correctly:
You may not receive bounce-back emails, and therefore will not know if your mail has been successfully received by your customers.
Your mail may end up in your customer's Junk folder.
Setting up an Outgoing Email Server
You need Partner level access to set up an outgoing email server in Mercury.
- In the Admin tab select Partner Details in the left-hand panel and click on Outgoing Emails.
- Enter the server details here (provided by your IT team/email provider):
- Click Validate Now to test that the details are correct. If the details do not validate, check with your IT Team/email provider.
- Tick Active to start sending through your own email server.
- Click Save to finish.
Common SMTP outgoing mail servers
SMTP Server : mail.bigpond.com
Port : 25
SMTP Server : smtp.office365.com
Port : 587
SMTP Server : smtp.gmail.com
Port : 587 or 465
SPF Record Entry Information
SMTP Server: mercurymail.connective.com.au
IP address 1: 18.104.22.168
IP address 2: 22.214.171.124
Office 365 SPF records