This article explains how you can use the Client Portal in Mercury 5. This process has been superseded by the new Customer Centre
What is the Client Portal
The Client Portal allows your clients to view, enter and change financial and personal details within an Opportunity by using their own unique login. The advantage of using the Client Portal is:
it prevents double-handling of client data
it allows clients to input their details at any time
it speeds up the loan process.
To avoid blur, click on the button and set the quality to 720p to view this webinar in HD.
Setup Client Portal Access
Open the client record via the CRM tab.
Click Client Portal Setup to enable portal access for your client.
Enter a password in the Password field
Tick the Access Enabled checkbox and click Save.
Send your client the link
Once the Client Portal is set up, you can send a link to your client via email. In the CRM tab, open the Opportunity record and select Notes from the left-hand panel.
- Click on the green plus button to open a new email.
- Click the Client Portal Link button to insert the link into the body text of your email. Note: you can also perform this task when creating email templates.
- Manually enter the username and password details into the body text of your email.
- Click Send & Save to send the email containing the Client Portal Link to your client.
- You can view the client login screen by opening the People record and selecting Opportunities from the left-hand panel.
- Click View in Client Portal
- Once the client has submitted their details, the advisor on the opportunity will receive an email about the changes. This email will also be saved as a note on the Opportunity.
What will your client see?
- The client will see the following login screen when they open the link you have sent them.
- Once logged in, your client can navigate through this simplified version of their Opportunity. They can fill in information in each tab (eg. applicants, income, expenses, etc), and information for each applicant.
- The client can save their data by clicking Save Changes. The data will be automatically saved into Mercury.
- Once your client saves their changes, the Loan Writer of that opportunity will receive an email notification.
NOTE: As the Client Portal is setup from the Person Record, Client Portal Username is the email address of Person Record.