Email merges are useful if you need to send the same message to a large number of clients. You set email merges to address each recipient by their own names.
Creating an email merge
- In the CRM App, highlight the people you would like to email and click the Merge drop-down list. Choose Email, All or Selected. If you click All, it will merge to everyone listed in the CRM.
- Either create your email from here, or click on the Apply Email Template button to apply a template you have already created. Refer to Creating Email Templates.
- Insert tags from the Insert Tag drop-down list. Tags allow you to personalise your email so it addresses each recipient by their first or full name. Clicking on the tag will insert the tag wherever your cursor is currently located in the email.
- If you are sending a bulk email with HTML code, select Rich Text (advance) and paste in the HTML code. Refer to Sending HTML Bulk Emails in Mercury.
- Click the Attachments tab to add attachments to the email. Either click Upload File to upload a file from your computer, or click Attach from Library to attach a file from Mercury.
- Click the Recipients tab to review each recipients message.
- Click Send Merged Emails to send.