You can assign documents to different categories to allow for easy sorting. This is handy if you have a large number of documents for a particular client or Opportunity.
Note: You can also rename your documents by clicking the name on the right hand side.
Assigning documents to a category
- Open an Opportunity or Person record in the CRM App.
- Select Attachments from the left hand panel.
- Highlight the attachment you want to assign to a category.
- Click into the Categories drop down and select the Document Category.
Filtering to a Document Category
- Click the Categories button to apply a filter.
- Check the box for Document types you want to view.
Customising the categories
- You need Admin level access to customise the checkboxes.
- In the Admin App, select CRM Settings in the left hand panel.
- Click List Editor
- Select Document Contents from the list.
- Click the green plus button.
- Add a new category check box.
- Click OK.
Note: For all changes made in the CRM settings you will need to login to Mercury Nexus again to pick up those changes.