DocuSign is a feature of Mercury that allows you to electronically send a Word document to have it digitally signed, pages initialed or a checkbox ticked by the recipients.
You can send a Word document to 1 or more recipients to:
- provide their electronic signature.
- electronically initial each page.
- tick a checkbox.
Once complete, the document is automatically stored in the Attachments section of the Opportunity. Please Note: Only one (1) document can be actioned in Mercury, at a time
Clients will not be able to login to Docusign from Hong Kong, Russia, China or the Ukraine as the ip addresses from these nations are blocked for security reasons.
How to use DocuSign
- Open the Opportunity record in Mercury.
- Click Attachments in the left-hand panel.
- Select the document that requires a signature.
- Click DocuSign. Note: The recipient contact details must include a First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- The Select Recipients window will appear.
- Set your Signing Options for signatures, checkboxes and page initials by clicking the relevant drop down box and choosing one of the following:
- Primary Applicant
- All Applicants
- All Signers
- If you need to add additional recipients to the list you can do this by clicking:
- Add Associate - to select from the Loan Writers in your company.
- Add Contact - to select from person records in your CRM.
- Add Custom - to enter a name and email address manually.
- You can arrange the order in which each recipient receives the document by click the up and down arrows.
- Delete a recipient by clicking their name and clicking the red cross icon.
- Click Get Signatures!
- The Select Email Template window will appear. Select the appropriate email template and click OK. Refer to Creating Email Templates.
- The Configure Recipient Emails window will appear. Make changes to the body text if required. The same message will go to each recipient.
- Click on the Recipients tab to double check the recipient information.
- Click Send to DocuSign.
- The document will be forwarded to each recipient in turn. You will be notified via email when:
- a recipient has signed, initialled and/or ticked the document as requested.
- when the document has been sent to the next recipient in line.
- when the document is complete and has been automatically uploaded back into the Attachments section of the Opportunity in Mercury.
How to sign a document using DocuSign
- The recipients will receive an email requesting them to click on the link.
- First time DocuSign users will be prompted to Adopt a Signature. You can choose to use an electronic signature created by DocuSign, or click on the Draw tab to record an electronic version of your signature using your mouse.
- Follow the prompts to sign, initial and/or tick the checkboxes in the document.
- Click Finish.
- The DocuSign link will then be emailed to the next recipient to sign. This process will repeat until all recipients have signed.
DocuSigned documents in Mercury
- Once completed, the Mercury user that sent the request will receive a courtesy email with the signed document (no action required).
- A new document will be automatically uploaded into Mercury with DocuSigned in the title. This document contains the digital signatures, checkboxes and/or initials.
NOTE: Docusign links Expires in 30 days.
Default settings for DocuSign link are:
Send automatic reminders: Yes
Days before sending first reminder: 2
Days between reminders: 5
Days before request expires: 30
Days to warn signers before expiration: 7