DocuSign is a feature of Mercury that allows you to electronically send a Word document to have it digitally signed, pages initialed or a checkbox ticked by the recipients.
You can send a Word document to 1 or more recipients to:
- provide their electronic signature.
- electronically initial each page.
- tick a checkbox.
Once complete, the document is automatically stored in the Attachments section of the Opportunity. Please Note: Only one (1) document can be actioned in Mercury, at a time
How to use DocuSign
- Open the Opportunity record in Mercury.
- Click Attachments in the left-hand panel.
- Select the document that requires a signature.
- Click DocuSign. Note: The recipient contact details must include a First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- The Select Recipients window will appear.
- Set your Signing Options for signatures, checkboxes and page initials by clicking the relevant drop down box and choosing one of the following:
- Primary Applicant
- All Applicants
- All Signers
- If you need to add additional recipients to the list you can do this by clicking:
- Add Associate - to select from the Loan Writers in your company.
- Add Contact - to select from person records in your CRM.
- Add Custom - to enter a name and email address manually.
- You can arrange the order in which each recipient receives the document by click the up and down arrows.
- Delete a recipient by clicking their name and clicking the red cross icon.
- Click Get Signatures!
- The Select Email Template window will appear. Select the appropriate email template and click OK. Refer to Creating Email Templates.
- The Configure Recipient Emails window will appear. Make changes to the body text if required. The same message will go to each recipient.
- 1Click on the Recipients tab to double check the recipient information.
- Click Send to DocuSign.
- The document will be forwarded to each recipient in turn. You will be notified via email when:
- a recipient has signed, initialled and/or ticked the document as requested.
- when the document has been sent to the next recipient in line.
- when the document is complete and has been automatically uploaded back into the Attachments section of the Opportunity in Mercury.
How to sign a document using DocuSign
- The recipients will receive an email requesting them to click on the link.
- First time DocuSign users will be prompted to Adopt a Signature. You can choose to use an electronic signature created by DocuSign, or click on the Draw tab to record an electronic version of your signature using your mouse.
- Follow the prompts to sign, initial and/or tick the checkboxes in the document.
- Click Finish.
- The DocuSign link will then be emailed to the next recipient to sign. This process will repeat until all recipients have signed.
DocuSigned documents in Mercury
- Once completed, the Mercury user that sent the request will receive a courtesy email with the signed document (no action required).
- A new document will be automatically uploaded into Mercury with DocuSigned in the title. This document contains the digital signatures, checkboxes and/or initials.