DocuSign is a feature of Mercury that allows you to electronically send a Word document to have it digitally signed, pages initialed or a checkbox ticked by the recipients.
Note: If using Docusign via Mercury 5 or Mercury Nexus you are using the Connective Docusign Account. You will not have access to login using our account in order to retrieve Docusign Audit Certificates. If you require an Audit Certificate you will need to sign up for a Digital Signature service yourself.
You can send a Word document to 1 or more recipients to:
- provide their electronic signature.
- electronically initial each page.
- tick a checkbox.
Once complete, the document is automatically stored in the Attachments section of the Opportunity. Please Note: Only one (1) document can be actioned in Mercury, at a time
Clients will not be able to login to Docusign from Hong Kong, Russia, China or the Ukraine as the ip addresses from these nations are blocked for security reasons.
How to use DocuSign
- Open the Opportunity record in Mercury.
- Click Attachments in the left-hand panel.
- Select the document that requires a signature.
- Click DocuSign. Note: The recipient contact details must include a First Name, Last Name, and Email Address.
- The Select Recipients window will appear.
- Set your Signing Options for signatures, checkboxes and page initials by clicking the relevant drop down box and choosing one of the following:
- Primary Applicant
- All Applicants
- All Signers
- If you need to add additional recipients to the list you can do this by clicking:
- Add Associate - to select from the Loan Writers in your company.
- Add Contact - to select from person records in your CRM.
- Add Custom - to enter a name and email address manually.
- You can arrange the order in which each recipient receives the document by click the up and down arrows.
- Delete a recipient by clicking their name and clicking the red cross icon.
- Click Get Signatures!
- The Select Email Template window will appear. Select the appropriate email template and click OK. Refer to Creating Email Templates.
- The Configure Recipient Emails window will appear. Make changes to the body text if required. The same message will go to each recipient.
- Click on the Recipients tab to double check the recipient information.
- Click Send to DocuSign.
- The document will be forwarded to each recipient in turn. You will be notified via email when:
- a recipient has signed, initialled and/or ticked the document as requested.
- when the document has been sent to the next recipient in line.
- when the document is complete and has been automatically uploaded back into the Attachments section of the Opportunity in Mercury.
In order for the Docusign to work properly. Please use the Docusign version of the document that the clients will need to sign.
Docusign in Nexus will be grayed out when you select a non Word Document format.
How to sign a document using DocuSign
- The recipients will receive an email requesting them to click on the link.
- First time DocuSign users will be prompted to Adopt a Signature. You can choose to use an electronic signature created by DocuSign, or click on the Draw tab to record an electronic version of your signature using your mouse.
- Follow the prompts to sign, initial and/or tick the checkboxes in the document.
- Click Finish.
- The DocuSign link will then be emailed to the next recipient to sign. This process will repeat until all recipients have signed.
DocuSigned documents in Mercury
- Once completed, the Mercury user that sent the request will receive a courtesy email with the signed document (no action required).
- A new document will be automatically uploaded into Mercury with DocuSigned in the title. This document contains the digital signatures, checkboxes and/or initials.
NOTE: Docusign links Expires in 30 days.
Default settings for DocuSign link are:
Send automatic reminders: Yes
Days before sending first reminder: 2
Days between reminders: 5
Days before request expires: 30
Days to warn signers before expiration: 7
Creating a custom DocuSign Document template for Brokers
- The Signature field must be copied from a Connective Master Docusign Template and pasted into the custom template in order for the Docusign application to detect which part the Client will sign in the document.
- Always save the Docusign template in a ‘.docx’ file extension format for the merge fields to work on the template.
- When adding a merge tag on the document always check if the merge tag being copied is active in order to have the merge tag to pull up data from the Opportunity. To confirm, highlight the merge tab and right click. You should see the 'Edit Field' option.
- Once the Custom Document template has been created, upload the document into Mercury. Mercury>Documents>Merge Templates.
- Select the file and set into its destination folder.
- Custom Documents that are made and uploaded will be available on the Merge Document Icon on the Opportunity.
Note : Once the custom docusign template needs to be sent to the client for signing there will be cases that the auto navigation flag in docusign will not appear to point out where the client needs to sign.
The client can use the drag and drop method to add signature on the document.
Note: The Auto Navigate flag that points our the clients on where to sign might disappear when you create a custom template. In order for this function to work you will have to use a Master template that is uploaded on the Documents section of Mercury most recommended is the Docusign Master template. Remove the contents then enter your own contents on the template.
Why aren't my signers receiving DocuSign Notification emails?
According to DocuSign's support - https://support.docusign.com/
Docusign Recipients may try the following:
1. Ensure your recipient checks their DocuSign emails are not simply landing in their Junk or Spam folder.
2. Have your recipient add the following email addresses as Safe Senders (aka Trusted Senders) and in his or her email client. These are the DocuSign system sending email addresses:
3.Ask the recipient to request that their IT department allows emails from the domains @docusign.net & @docusign.com