Note: The Mercury Outlook Addin is deprecated and is no longer supported. The Addin may continue to be used, but no further development work or bug fixes are planned.
The Mercury Outlook Addin is a plugin for Windows Outlook which allows you to upload emails to a Mercury Opportunity or Person record. Emails are added to the Person/Opportunity in the Notes section, and any attachments are sent to the Attachments section.
Mercury Outlook Addin webinar
The video below explains how to install, use, and troubleshoot common issues.
It's advisable to set the Quality to 720p
Mercury Outlook Addin is available for Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 only, and only for Windows PCs.
The plugin is not compatible with:
- Web based Office 365
Outlook Add-In not compatible?
In some cases the Outlook Add In which is based on legacy coding will not be compatible with your computer configuration. Try using Mercury Inbox instead.
Installing the Mercury Outlook Addin
Step 1: Close Microsoft Outlook
Step 2: Download the Mercury Outlook Addin:
The Mercury Outlook addin is a program that allows you to send emails and attachments from Outlook to Mercury Opportunities and Person records.
Before installation, you need to find the correct version to install based on your Operating System (Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10) and Outlook version (32 bit or 64 bit).
- Click here to find out which version of Outlook you currently use
- Click here to find out which version of Windows you currently use
- Based on your software version, select a download from the table below:
|Windows Version||Outlook Version 64-bit||Outlook Version 32-bit|
Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10
Step 3: Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the Mercury tab.
- For Microsoft Outlook 2010, 2013 and 2016 you will see this in the top menu bar
- For Microsoft Outlook 2007 you will need to open an email to see this tab (New or Existing
Step 4: Enter your User ID (CA/FC number) and Password.
Note: Whenever you update your password in Mercury you will also need to update the Outlook Addin.
If your company has Virtual Branches you can tick the Include Virtual Branches check box to enable the ability to search your entire database.
Step 5: Click Verify.
Step 6: Click OK.
Sending an email to Mercury
You can send any email in Microsoft Outlook to Mercury via the Mercury Outlook addin.
- Open Outlook.
- Highlight the emails you want to send to Mercury and click Send to Mercury.
- The following pop-up will allow you to search for your Opportunity or Person record. Person records have this icon: and opportunities have this icon:
- If sending an individual email, you will be prompted to select the attachments you wish to include. If you are sending multiple emails at once, you will need to tick the Include attachments button to include all attachments.
- Select the Person/Opportunity record and click Send.
- Emails will then be sent to the Notes section of the Person/Opportunity record, and the attachments will be sent to the Attachments section.
NOTE: In Microsoft Office 2007 you need to open an email to see the Mercury Tab, and you can only send individual emails (bulk emails are not supported in 2007).
Updating your password in the Mercury Add-in
If you can't find Opportunity or People records in the Mercury Outlook Add-in, then the most likely reason is that you need to update your password in the Mercury Outlook Add-in to match your current Mercury password.
- Open Outlook and click Mercury Settings.
- Enter your current Mercury CA number and password
- Click Verify, and then click OK.
Syncing Google with Mercury
This app is used to sync contacts between Outlook and Gmail
Windows 7 additional requirement
Windows 7 does not support TLS 1.2 by default. If may experience a login connection problem using the add in.
This issue does not occur on Windows 8 or higher. If upgrading your windows is not an option please pass on the following knowledge base article to your internal IT support on how to enable TLS 1.2 on Windows 7.