Mercury has been built so it can talk with other systems - allowing you to future-proof your business operations, run your business the way you want and deliver great consumer outcomes. These FAQs provide examples of how you can use Mercury Connect API, and what this could mean for your business – in simple terms.
If there is anything not answered in the following FAQ, please speak with your Broker Support Manager.
What is Mercury Connect?
Mercury Connect makes it easy for you to connect your data in Mercury with other Applications. There are two ways you can connect Mercury with third-party Applications:
- Using our Mercury API, or
- Using a pre-packaged connector, like Zapier.
What is an API?
API stands for Application Programming Interface. APIs allow applications to communicate and share content and data.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an automation tool with a library of software connectors which allow you to easily connect Mercury to a number of your favourite apps (without coding skills or relying on developers).
What is the main thing Mercury Connect will allow me to do?
If there something you want Mercury to do (or do better) and there is a third party application that already exists that does that then you may be able to use Mercury Connect to move your data into that application.
When you say “data”, what are you talking about? What data is available?
At present you can Search, Create, Update, Fetch and Delete the following data:
- Opportunities: Assets, Liabilities.
- Related parties (Relationship section on a person record)
People: Contact methods, Incomes, Expenses, Addresses
Note: Excludes notes, tasks, documents and loan products
What are the top apps that I could integrate with Mercury (if I wanted to)?
This will be specific to your business needs or requirements. A few examples of cool apps are:
- Accounting: QuickBooks. Xero. Zoho Books.
- Mail services: Gmail. Office 365. Zoho Mail
- Social Media: Facebook. Instagram. LinkedIn.
- Other: Typeform (instant simple lead capture). Burst SMS (lead gen, out of hours notifications etc.) Salesforce. Infusionsoft (all-in-one marketing and sales automation software for small businesses.)
What am I missing out on if I don’t use Mercury Connect?
Potentially nothing. A large portion of our successful brokers find Mercury fulfills all their needs.
As technology evolves, brokers are becoming more creative in ways to operate their businesses and this may involve specialised third party software (eg. lead generation, marketing, and accounting). As an example Connective has sourced and is integrating our new digital Marketing Hub (built on Active Campaign) which has been possible utilising the API.
Connecting Mercury with other systems
How do I use Mercury Connect?
There are 2 ways to connect Mercury with another system:
- For simple integrations: Use a pre-packaged connector like Zapier. These are usually easier and are probably more suitable for brokers with little to no technical knowledge).
- For complex integrations: Use the Mercury API when Zapier or a pre-packaged connector doesn’t fulfil your requirements. The Mercury API requires technical knowledge and we recommend you have a dedicated development resource to implement this properly. This is really best used when the application you’re looking to integrate with has a Public API but isn’t listed as a Zapier enabled product.
Is there a cost to use Mercury Connect?
The use of Mercury Connect is included in your Connective membership costs. However, you may need a subscription with Zapier depending on the level of integration you are using as well as the 3rd party software you are wanting to utilise.
I want to set up the Mercury API connection, now what?
All documentation and detailed instructions are on the Connective Wiki, it covers all requirements to get started with the API. Developer information can be found in the following pages:
I want to connect using Zapier, now what?
Zapier is straightforward to set up.
- Zapier has over 750 apps. You can browse the apps library here: www.zapier.com/zapbook
- To Get Started with Zapier see: Getting Started with Zapier
- All documentation and detailed instructions are on the Connective Wiki. Check out:
So, there you have it! Time to give it a go. These questions and the supporting links to other Wiki pages should cover everything you need to know. As always, your Broker Support Manager is here to help, along with technical support from the Mercury helpdesk
- Download the Information PDF: