There are a number of relationship types you can set up for your client records in Mercury.
Setting up Relationships in Mercury
- In the CRM application, open a Person record and click on Relationships in the left-hand panel.
- Click the to create a relationship between this client and a new client, or
- Click to link one client to another existing client. Enter the client's name in the Search People field, select that record and click Add.
- Select the relationship type from the Relationship drop-down box.
- If you tick the Formal checkbox, each time you create an Opportunity under one of the clients or add one of the clients to an existing Opportunity, both clients will be added together. Ticking Formal will not change existing opportunities.
Note: If the contact relationship in an Opportunity is either Solicitor or Accountant, then the Relationship data will automatically populate the relevant fields in Apply Online when you click the Enter Apply Online Application button. If this data already exists in Apply Online, it will back populate into Mercury when you click the Update from AOL button.
Linking Clients who are married
Married clients are treated slightly differently in Mercury. If two clients are set up to be in a formal relationship (married), each time you add a client to an Opportunity, the other client will automatically be added as well.
In the CRM application Dependents can be added via the Person record in the details section. The age will calculate automatically based on the Date of Birth used.