You must provide the credit guide as soon as practicable after it becomes apparent that you are likely to provide credit assistance to a consumer in relation to a credit contract.
A credit guide provides preliminary information about you to a consumer. Information contained in the Credit Guide includes:
Licensee's name and contact details
• Licensee's ACL number
• Credit representative’s CR number and contact details
• Details of the top 6 Lenders that the Licensee has introduced consumers to
• Details of the top 6 Lenders that a Credit Rep has introduced consumers to
• Any commissions that the individual (employee, director, or credit rep) is likely to receive
• Your IDR process/EDR scheme
In Nexus, you are required to retain a copy of the credit guide (within the attachments tab) provided to the client and a file note of when and how it was provided to the client.
When generating a Credit guide in Nexus, you will be asked if you will be undertaking a credit check on behalf of your client. If so, the system will automatically generate the credit guide with the privacy consent form attached for your customer to sign. DocuSign is also available for signing.
If a credit check is not required, the system will generate the Credit guide with the privacy disclosure statement.
If you have any questions relating to this topic contact firstname.lastname@example.org