Under NCCP and Connective's requirements, the following information is to be listed on your website and / or social media sites:
- Licensing statement: Credit Representative (insert number) is authorised under Australian Credit Licence 389328. Note: If you are advertising under a company banner, then the Corporate Credit Representative number is to be used in your Licensing Statement, not your individual credit representative number.
- Disclaimer statement: This page provides general information only and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. We recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances and your full financial situation will need to be reviewed prior to acceptance of any offer or product. It does not constitute legal, tax or financial advice and you should always seek professional advice in relation to your individual circumstances.
- Your website should also list the Legal Name of your business/company as well as its Trading Name. This should be displayed along with the ABN/ACN.
- Review the content of your website for potentially misleading statements. There are some words that ASIC do not like to see in marketing. Refer to ASIC Guidelines to Advertising Terminology and Disclaimers.
- Additional disclaimer statement. In addition to the above disclaimer, depending on content, you can also include the statement “Subject to lenders terms and conditions, fees and charges and eligibility criteria apply”.
- Complaints Handling Procedure. A Compliments and Concerns procedure should be explained so your clients can communicate any feedback (either good or bad) and how this will be addressed by you in the first instance. Refer to Compliments and Concerns.
To ensure you meet all your advertising obligations, please follow the below approval process.
3 Easy Approval Steps:
- Review your marketing to ensure it is in line with all the mandatory requirements listed above.
- Download and complete the attached Connective Credit Representative Advertising Declaration
Please note, the following:
- This must be fully completed before sending to Compliance team at Connective;
- Is a declaration by you that you will adhere to Connective & ASIC’s advertising guidelines; and
- You acknowledge you will maintain the business website / social media advertising, to ensure information is current and correct at all times.
- Send email@example.com an email with the Advertising Declaration and a link to your website and/or social media pages.
For ACL members we have provided the attached ACL Advertising Checklist which you may wish to utilise as part of your advertising reviews.