We get loads of questions about what you can and can't do with your websites with us. Check them out below:
Questions about what you can do on your site
- Can we upload videos to our website? Yes, but we prefer you use an outside source like youtube.com or vimeo.com and embed the video for a faster website experience.
- Can we have opt in boxes for newsletters? No, the previously used My Marketing newsletter html code has been retired. Please contacting the Digital Marketing Hub team regarding email communications.
- Can we swap images around? Yes, we have loads of images you can choose from (stock images), or provide your own in high resolution!
- If I just wanted to upload the calculators to my existing site, are we able to do that? Yes, see here: How can I add a Mercury calculator to my website?
- How long does it usually take to get up and running once the form is in? It's hard to say. We allow around 2 weeks until you see a draft template, then it just depends on how long it takes for you to provide feedback and approve, and then we go live. On average, 2 – 6 weeks.
- Do you help with SEO? At this stage no, you will need to source a company to help implement this.
- How can I amend my site? It's easy! Once live, we send you instructions on how to do this.
- Do you have the ability to make a page for my clients to fill in an application online that would be able to link to Mercury and up load their data? Yes, we can add these forms for you: https://support.connective.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/115010198608-Lead-Capture-Forms
- Can I install plug-ins myself? We are happy to install the plugins you request at your own risk. Some plug-ins contain viruses and can corrupt your site. If the plugin causes the site to break we take no responsibility, a cost will apply to fix the damages that may be caused.
- I want to add testimonials, can you do that? Yes, but they must be real testimonials and provided by you as part of the sign up process.
- I want to put the bank logos on my website. No worries, you need to advise us as such when you sign up, and complete the steps on this page: Logos
- I don't like the standard text, can I provide my own? Bring it on! you must send it to us in a word doc or editable PDF so that we can copy and paste it in, rather than us retyping it out. If this is the case, please also provide a site map so we know where you want the new text.
Questions about your hosting and DNS
We want you to build the site and then we will host it elsewhere, is that OK? No, our My Marketing website package includes both set up and hosting.
If you would like to move your site to another hosting provider, you can do so in 18 months time.
If you move your hosting from us, you will need to pay for the Mercury calculator widgets separately at $30/month, and we will not provide changes to the site.
We registered a domain name with the IT guy – is it easy to re-use that one? Yes, we can use your existing domain name, we just need your DNS (Domain Name Server) details to point your domain to the new IP address.
Do you provide email hosting and setup ? No.
- Do you suggest I switch hosting companies? When you sign up with Connective My Website, we take over your hosting. All we need is your DNS log in details and we take it from there.
Questions about costs
- Is the ongoing cost negotiable? No
- Do you charge us for changes? As part of the 'go live process' (from the time you send us in your form, feedback from you, approved by you, then go live) we do not charge for changes to your site. Once your site is live, we provide you with log in details and instructions on how you can manage your own site. You then have the freedom to update text, change images, create new hyperlinks and new pages. If you get stuck we are happy to help. If, however, you require changes that involve coding or are more challenging, then we charge these out at $50 + GST / 30minutes design time. We will advise before we commence work that your request will be charged and how long we think it might take, giving you the chance to say yes or no to the work.
- I want to switch templates. Once you have selected a template and we have commenced work, it involves a whole new set up for us if you decide you want to switch templates. Therefore you will be charged a new set up fee of $500 + GST.