There are many common reasons for trail payments to be low, or missing. Please ensure you are aware of the trail regulations each lender places on their products.
Visit the following link for Upfront, Trail and Clawback information: Lender Rates and Clawback Information.
Common Reasons for Missing Trail Commissions
The most common reasons for missing trail is due to discharged/closed accounts or offset balances.
- In the Commissions tab, select Comm.Statements in the left hand panel.
- Click either the Arrears and Discharge tabs in Mercury, or generate a Full Statement to view any comments from our Commissions Team.
- Take the following into consideration:
- Depending on the lender, trail may not be due until the second year of settlement.
- If trail is paid in the first year of settlement, this will be paid the month after the initial upfront.
- Depending on the lender/product, payments may be made on a pro-rata basis. (ie, if the loan settled on the 15th of July, you may only receive payments for half of the month).
- If the LVR of your loan is below a certain threshold, some lenders/products may pay reduced trail.
- Remember, trail is based on the balance of the loan account, not the loan amount. As the clients make repayments, the trail amount will decrease.
4. In the Services tab select % Comm. Schedule from the left-hand panel to view a breakdown of lender commission information.
5. If you are still unsure why trail is missing, or less than expected, please submit a Commission Enquiry and our Commissions Team will investigate.