Edit documents from within the Mercury Browser by using the Word Online Editor.
Before you get started
Before you use the Word Online Editor consider the following:
- Mercury Browser: The word Online editor can only be used with the Mercury Browser.
- Merge tags: Only text can be edited within the Word Online. Merge tags can only be edited by downloading the document, editing it, and uploading it into Mercury.
- Master Documents: Master documents can only be edited from within the Master Company.
- .doc converts to .docx: Documents saved in .doc version will be converted into .docx when they are edited via the Word Online Editor. This means that the .doc version will not be available after the edit is made.
Editing a document
To edit a document using Word Online:
- On the Documents tab, select a document from the list and click on the Edit Template button.
- Your document will open in a separate window.
- Make your changes to the document.
- Wait until the top panel moves from 'saving' to 'saved'.
- Click on the X to close the window.
- Your changes will be saved automatically.
Note: changes are saved automatically when you make them so the save button on the file tab will not be available.