'Redact' is Connective's Tax File Number (TFN) redaction tool that enables you to obscure tax file numbers in a PDF document before sending it to the Lender.
How does Redact work?
Simply upload your document in PDF format, execute Redact and the redacted file will replace your existing document in Mercury and will also be sent to you via email. The quality (clarity) of the PDF will impact the ability for Redact to obscure the TFN's. With this in mind, we recommend ensuring the document is uploaded to Mercury in the best possible clarity.
Note: If Mercury Redact completes a scan of a document and does not remove a TFN this may be due to a number of reasons including that the TFN is not legible or that the TFN is not valid. Depending on the circumstances it may be appropriate to make further enquiries.
In some circumstances the entire document may be redacted by the tool. This is not something we have control over and relates the security settings on the original file. In this circumstance you will need to use an alternative method to redact the TFN. Apply Online has a tool which can be used in it's Supporting Documents tab.
- In the CRM tab, open an Opportunity.
- Click Attachments in the left-hand panel.
- Click Upload file and upload your document to Mercury.
- Click the TFN Redaction button.
- A pop up will appear indicating that the document has been sent to the queue.
- The document will move through a number of stages. You can check the status in the TFN Status column by clicking on the refresh button.
- Requested - Your document has been sent to Redact.
- Awaiting - Your document is in the queue.
- Processing - The redaction is being performed.
- Redacted - The redaction is complete and the file will be sent to you shortly.
- Completed - The redacted document has been sent to Mercury and via email.
Note: Once the redacted document is complete, the original will be overridden with the new document.
- Once the status changes to completed your document will be emailed to you and will also available to download from Mercury.
- The email you receive with your redacted document will also contain a Confidence Score. The confidence score will give you an indication of how successful the TFN redaction was. It is a requirement of all Connective Credit Reps to check each document before it is sent to the Lender and we strongly recommend that ACL Holders follow the same practice.
Q: How long will it take for the TFN/s to be redacted from my document/s?
A: From 1 to 15 minutes depending on the size of the document.
Q: Why do I have to upload in a PDF format?
A: The redact tool is only able to process PDF Documents.
Q: I am pressing on the Redact button but nothing is happening, what do I do now?
A: Contact the Mercury Helpdesk by clicking on the help button in Mercury.
Q: The TFN was not removed from the document I uploaded to Mercury, what do I do now?
A: As the effectiveness of the Redact tool relies on the quality of the PDF document, complete redactions are not always guaranteed. It these instances we recommend manually completing the redaction. There is an alternative method via Apply Online and also LoanApp which could be tried.
Q: Will the Redact tool detect and redact 8-digit TFN/s?
A: No. The ATO stopped issuing 8-digit TFNs in 1988. The redaction algorithm we have implemented is designed to look for 9-digit numbers, and will not detect/redact an 8-digit TFN.
Q: The Redact tool removed more than just the TFN/s?
A: The Redact tool works from a complicated algorithm to pick up the TFN numbers. It is possible for the tool to detect false positives and redact other sets of 9 digits. An example could be part of an ABN.