It is possible to clone an Apply Online application if you have entered data into the application within Apply Online, but now want to submit it to a different Lender.
How to Clone a Loan Application
There are two ways in which you can do this:
- Clone the Loan Application - do this if you have already entered details into the Loan Application.
- Removing the MER number inside the Opportunity - do this if you want to start a new application with a different lender.
When a user clones an application it DOES NOT save the Broker details. This prevents users from accidentally submitting deals on behalf of other Brokers. However, this also means that if admin staff clone an application they will need to re-enter the broker details, and triple check that they have entered the correct broker code.
Apply Online sometimes caches old broker codes entered by admin staff, so it is extremely important that Brokers who have admin staff who draft loans in Apply Online for more than one loan writer are vigilant about checking that their Broker code is correct. Brokers should ensure they review the information entered into Apply Online while in draft status and that they (the Broker) hits the SUBMIT button.
1. Click the more>> link.
2. Click Clone.
3. Select a reason, enter comments if required, and select the Lender (either the same OR different lender).
4. Click Create to create the clone.
5. Your new application will have a new Application ID.
6. For details on how to transfer the new application details back into Mercury, refer to Transferring data to Apply Online, and back to a Mercury Opportunity.
Linking a Cloned Application to Mercury
- If the application was created in Apply Online to begin with, or is a clone, you will notice the Application ID starts with 7*****.
- You can link these applications to an Opportunity by finding the Apply Online ID, and pasting it into the Apply Online Id field within the Opportunity.
- Click Save Changes
Removing the MER number inside the Opportunity
Once you have submitted an Opportunity to Apply Online you will notice a MER or 7 digit number in the ApplyOnline ID field in your Opportunity. This links your Opportunity to the Apply Online application. Once an Apply Online application has been created, any changes you make in Mercury will NOT be updated in Apply Online.
If you need to change the lender, or if you've added more details to your Opportunity, you will need to create a new Apply Online application.
- Remove the MER number within your Opportunity.
- Click Save Changes.
- Click Start ApplyOnline Application.