Regardless of which plan you are on (DIY, Lite Touch or Premium), it's critical you understand how your Mercury CRM talks to your Digital Marketing Hub.
Watch the webinar now:
Mercury is where you add and edit any contact data - we call Mercury the “source of truth”. The contact data you change and add in your Mercury CRM will sync across to your Digital Marketing Hub in real time if they meet ALL these criteria:
- The DMH checkbox is ticked
- The contact has a valid email address and emails to that address have not bounced
- They are subscribed (The “No Email Marketing” checkbox is not ticked)
It is important to note three sync factors:
- Sync only happens in ONE direction: Data is sent from Mercury to the Digital Marketing Hub, but NOT in the other direction. If you make a change or edit something in the Digital Marketing Hub, that will not flow back into Mercury. In fact, changes made in the Digital Marketing Hub will be overwritten by the next sync from Mercury. The only exception to this is ubsubscribe data - this is the only information sent back to Mercury. We strongly suggest that you maintain Mercury as your source of truth and NOT EDIT FIELDS or contacts in the Digital Marketing Hub.
- No Email Marketing: After a contact is in the Digital Marketing Hub, and THEN No Email Marking is ticked — the contact will not be deleted from the Digital Marketing Hub, but further updates will not take place. They will be marked as 'unsubscribed'. Similarly, if you send a contact across to the Digital Marketing Hub, and then later on remove them from a category in Mercury, the contact will remain in the Digital Marketing Hub, but no further updates or edits will take place.
- Unique email address: Only one of each email address will come across to the Digital Marketing Hub. If that email address already exists for another contact, that second contact associated with the email address will not come across.