This guide explains how to set up a zap that will post a message on your Facebook account when a loan has been approved.
This guide assumes that you have a basic understanding of how Zapier works and the related Zapier terms (actions, triggers, filters, etc) and Facebook.
If you do not have a basic understanding of Zapier see: About Zapier
To create a zap, open Zapier and click on the button
Stage 1: Connect your Mercury account and choose the event that will trigger the Automation.
- Choose Mercury Connect as the Trigger App
- Set the Trigger by selecting Opportunity Status Updated and clicking Save + Continue
- Zapier will then connect to your Mercury Account. Once it has been connected, click Save + Continue
- Note: You can choose to apply to this automation 'All Opportunities','Only Opportunities where you are the agent', 'Only Opportunities where you are the Admin' or set other options by selecting the applicable 'Other options' from the drop-down.
- In this example, we have chosen 'All Opportunities'.
- Click Continue
- Zapier will then test the Trigger works. Click Fetch + Continue
- When the test comes back successful, click Continue
Stage 2: Apply a Filter that will only trigger when a loan status changes.
- Click on the Plus symbol and click Filter
- Click on Save + Continue
- In the first drop-down menu, select Opportunity Status
- In the second drop-down, select (Text) Contains
- In the free text field, type approved and click on test & continue
Stage 3: Connect to your third-party app and choose the action that will occur in the app.
- In the action section, click on Set up this step
- In the choose an action field, type Facebook and select it from the list
- Choose the option Post to Timeline and click on Save + Continue
- Click on
- Note: If you are already logged in to your Facebook, Zapier will recognise this and connect that account. If you wish to connect a different account you will need to log out of your Facebook before you click on Connect an Account.
- Enter your email address and password and click Log in
- Click Save + Continue
- In the Message field, type your message.
- If you would like to add personal information like the client's name, click Additional Items, then in the Opportunity Status Updated dropdown choose Related Parties First Name
- Click on
- Zapier will ask you to test a post on Facebook. You can skip this step but it is recommended to ensure the zap has been set up correctly. Click on Send Test to Facebook.
- Click on
- You are now ready to turn your zap on