By segmenting your contacts, you can send email campaigns to subgroups of your lists. This way you can send to only the contacts who would be interested in that specific message – for example first home buyers, down sizers or investors all require a different message and call to action.
One of the most powerful things our Digital Marketing Hub can do for you is sending specific messages to specific audiences, based on what you know about them in Mercury. For example, you can send an email to just those who have a CBA loan advising of a change in policy. You can send an email to anyone who has settled a home loan in the last 6 months with a special car loan offer. The options are endless.
How to segment your database
Segmentation Example: “All clients with a Commercial Loan”
- First go to lists and create a list
- Then, go to Contacts
- Click in the search bar, then select Advanced Search when it drops down
- In the wizard, first select a condition. For all your Mercury fields, choose ‘Custom fields’ from the drop down
- Then select the field you are looking to segment. For this example, let’s select ‘1_LoanType’, then ‘is’, then ‘Commercial Loans’. This means find me people where their most recent opportunity type equals a commercial loan.
- Select the “Search” tile and this will pull up everyone who matches that criteria.
- Choose ‘Edit all’
- Then ‘Add to list’ or “add tag” it’s up to you.
- Then Apply Changes.
- This adds all those contacts to that list you had already created!
Segmentation Example: "All clients who has opened an email campaign, and are coming to the end of their interest only period"
- First go to lists and create a list, give it a name.
- Once you have your empty list, you need to add contacts to it.
- Again, go to contacts
- Choose “Advanced search”
- Then from the ‘Select a condition’ drop down, choose ‘Actions’
- Then ‘Has Opened’
- And choose the email campaign you want to know if they opened.
- If you were to stop and search now, you would have a list of anyone who opened that email, but we want to know of those people – who are also coming to the end of the interest only period.
- To do this…
- Select ‘Add new segment group’
- They have to meet both criteria so select AND
- Choose a condition, this time selecting ‘custom fields’ as you want to use custom data from Mercury
- Ok, let’s say ‘1_InterestOnlyExpiryDate’ … ‘is less than’ … ‘2 months from now’ Choose the date on the calendar
- Then run the Search
- This will give you a list of everyone who meets those 2 criteria
- Choose Edit all
- Then ‘Add to list’ and select the list you created earlier.
- Then Apply Changes.
- This adds all those contacts to that list.