By segmenting your contacts, you can send email campaigns to subgroups of your lists. This way you can send a specific message that would only be relevant to to certain people in your contact list - for example first home buyers, down-sizers or investors all require a different message.
One of the most powerful things our Digital Marketing Hub can do for you is send specific messages to specific audiences, based on what you know about them in Mercury.
Some examples of popular segments include:
- Send an email to just those who have a CBA loan advising of a change in policy.
- Email contacts who has settled a home loan in the last 6 months with a special car loan offer.
- Offer clients a home loan 'health check' with refinance options two-three years after their loan settled.
The options are endless.
Watch the following video for an overview on how to segment your data:
To learn more about segmenting data, with detailed instructions, read the article How to segment your database.
Below is two more segmentation examples, with steps to follow
Segmentation Example: “All clients with a Commercial Loan”
- Go to Lists and select the list you wish to segment (usually the Mercury List as this is the master list for each account)
- Click in the search bar, then select Advanced Search when it drops down
- Select a condition. For all your Mercury fields, choose ‘Custom contact fields’ from the drop-down
- Then select the field you are looking to segment. For this example, let’s select 1_LoanType then is, then Commercial Loans. This will reveal (filter) people whose most recent opportunity type equals a commercial loan.
- Select the Search and this will reveal everyone who matches that criteria.
- Select Save as Segment
- Name the new segment so you can use this again for future campaigns. Select Save.
The next time you go to send a campaign, during the list selection step, your saved segment will appear in your list of segments.
Segmentation Example: "All clients who has opened an email campaign, and are coming to the end of their interest only period"
- Follow steps 1 - 3 from above
- Then from the Select a condition drop down, choose Actions
- Then Has Opened
- And choose the email campaign they opened.
- If you were to stop and search now, you would have a list of anyone who opened that email, but we want to know of those people – who are also coming to the end of the interest only period.
- Select Add new segment group (They have to meet both criteria so select AND instead of OR)
- Choose a condition from the drop-down - this time select Custom Contact Fields as you want to use custom data from Mercury
- Ok, let’s say 1_InterestOnlyExpiryDate … is before … 2 months from now (select the date on the calendar)
This is what it will look like:
- Run the search by selecting Update & Save
- This will give you a list of everyone who meets those 2 criteria
- Now follow steps 6-8 from the above example to save this segment and use it again for future campaigns.