Automations are a chain of events that run when triggered by starting conditions you define. For example, when a client’s opportunity moves from “Appointment Made’ to ‘Submitted’ --> the automation is triggered to start --> this then automatically sends them an email template that tells them where their loan is at in the process.
We recommend you start with just a simple automation, test it. And then get more sophisticated as you become more confident.
Automation Example : Send an email one-month post-settlement to clients
The purpose of this email is to check in and make sure everything is going smoothly. This is also an opportunity to ask the customer to refer family and friends.
So, let’s make it happen:
- Select the ‘Automations’ tab on the home page, click ‘New automation’.
- Select ‘Start from scratch’ then choose a trigger to commence the automation. For this example, we want to choose when a “field changes”.
- Select which field change you want to trigger this on, so when a loan’s opportunity status moves to settled.
Another great tip is to make sure you set the recipient to be the Primary Applicant. If you don’t do this, it will email to everyone who is associated with that loan. To do this, click “Segment the contacts entering this automation” under Advanced.
Then make sure 1_RelationshipType > is > Primary Applicant
- Then, select “Add start”. This now has set anyone who’s loan status moves to settled and is the primary applicant to start in this automation.
- OK, now what? Well, you don’t want them to get the email straight away, so you need to add a period of wait time = 30 days. You do this by clicking on the PLUS sign. Conditions and workflows, then wait. Choose ‘for a specific period of time’ and select 30 days. Save. This means
- So, what do you want the automation to do after 30 days – send an email! OK, so select ‘send email’ and choose the template you wish to send as part of that automation. If you are not on Premium, you will have already had to set up your own email template to select here.
- Once you are happy with the flow, make the automation “Active” in to the top right hand corner.