Allocate clients and prospects to My Marketing categories
You can allocate your clients and prospects to each of the categories you have available as part of your plan. There are various ways you can allocate clients to Marketing Hub categories—by group, or by individual.
Option 1—Allocate All
One possibility is to visit CRM > People
1. highlight the person, or group of people (by holding down shift)
2. select Move to Category in the top Actions field
3. Select ‘All’ which means all in the visible list below, or ‘Selected’ which means just
those high-lighted in blue. When you select either ‘All’ or ‘Selected’ a new box will appear.
4. Select your marketing category, for example ‘MM—RBA’ (for the monthly
Option 2—Individual Allocation You can also allocate your clients or prospects to the Marketing Hub categories is by opening each individual contact. This takes a lot longer, but you can also be checking the data and the ‘Relationship Manager’ field at the same time.
Within CRM open People and then perform a Search.
• Find the client you want to allocate categories to and open that client by double clicking
• The screen below will appear. You can see the categories section to the top right.
• To allocate categories to this person, Select View and a box will appear.
This box will allow you to tick which categories they get. In this example, the ‘MM—rba’ and
‘MM—sms’ boxes are ticked and then click OK to confirm.
Refer to Page 12 of the Hub User Guide for a step by step guide on how to assign categories in Mercury.