To keep your contacts engaged with you, it's important to send communications that are timely and relevant to them. The Digital Marketing Hub allows you to do this a number of ways - using categories and tags to segment your contacts.
- You can assign your contacts to the 'DMH' checkbox and the MM categories available in Mercury (the categories will vary depending on the subscription plan you have - i.e. DIY subscribers will not see any MM categories, however it's important the DMH check box is selected for each contact you wish to communicate to). Find out more on Assigning contacts to categories in Mercury here.
- Create new categories in Mercury, which will push across to Digital Marketing Hub as a tag. This is useful to segment a group of contacts that you wish to send campaigns to or activate automation's for.
How to create a new category in Mercury:
- You need Admin level access to manage categories.
- In the Admin tab select CRM Settings in the left panel and click on Manage Categories.
- Use the Plus and Cross icons to add and remove categories. Double click on a category to change the name.
- To assign contacts to the new category you have just created, which will be synced to Digital Marketing Hub, refer to our article assigning contacts to categories and select the new category you have created instead.