The Mercury DocCentre is in beta and ready for you to take for a test run! Learn about what to expect out of this new application.
About the beta period
Throughout the beta period you will have the opportunity to try out the DocCentre and provide feedback for our developers. Feedback is crucial to ensuring this application is fit for purpose, as it enables our developers to better understand how you engage with the software, what you expect and whether it has been delivering value.
The beta period will last until the DocCentre reaches a state where it is considered to be fit for production.
During the beta you may find that some functionality does not work in the expected way.
- Broker view summary page does support preview of .doc files. Any files saved in the .doc format will not be available for preview on the summary page, but can still be uploaded into Mercury via the DocCentre.
- Chrome is the recommended Browser for the DocCentre. To be able to fully take advantage of the DocCentre. we recommend that you and your client use the Chrome Browser.
How to launch DocCentre
We will enable the DocCentre in your Mercury, after which you will receive your welcome email.
You can access the DocCentre two ways from within an Opportunity
- Click on the New items drop-down and select Launch DocCentre
- Click on the Attachments tab and select Launch DocCentre
- To go back to Mercury, click on the Mercury Launcher (the Connective cog in the top left hand corner) and choose Mercury from the menu.
How to use DocCentre
The DocCentre is a brand-new application. Learn how to manage a Document request end to end.
Step 1: Send a Document request
- Once you have opened the DocCentre
- Create a new Document request and link the request to an Opportunity
- Add a Document Card for each document and click next
- Click Send
Step 2: Client uploads documents
- Client will receive an email with a link to the Client view DocCentre:
- Customer will upload their Documents
- NOTE: that clients will only be able to upload documents with a maximum file size of 10mb.
Step 3: Accept the documents
- Download the document to view:
- Accept each persons documents individually
- Or, accept the entire request
Note: Only when you accept the request are the clients documents are uploaded into Mercury.
Cloning a Document request
There is also the ability for you to clone a document request. This will make it easier for you managing multiple document requests as you won't need to create them each time.
NOTE: this option is only available once you have a document request available to clone.
Communicating with clients
You are also able to communicate with clients about the documents you receive. This is especially helpful if you need to reject a document and provide feedback as to why and what you require next.
NOTE: that these in-app communications and are not in real-time.
- Select the client, enter your message and click send
- Your client will return the message in their client view
Customising emails from the DocCentre
The DocCentre sends emails notification when the following events occur:
- New Doc Request Notification: This notification is sent to all the applicants when you send the document request to your client.The email notification contains the link that takes the client to their secure DocCentre client portal, where they are able to upload the required documents. documents
- Client Accept Document Notification: This notification is sent by DocCentre to the you when the client completes uploading all requested documents.
- Broker Accept Request Notification: This notification is sent to all the clients on the doc Request when you accept the doc request.
- Broker Reject Document Notification: This notification is sent to all the clients on the doc Request when you reject the doc request.
You have the ability to override the body for these email notifications by creating your own custom email templates.
To do this you will need to use the following naming conventions for each email template:
- DOCCENTRE - New Doc Request Notification
- DOCCENTRE - Client Accept Document Notification
- DOCCENTRE - Broker Accept Request Notification
- DOCCENTRE - Broker Reject Document Notification
To create a custom template:
- Open the Admin tab, click on CRM Settings and select Email Templates
- Click on the green plus symbol, give the email a name, a subject and body. Hit save
You are also able to use the following merge tags within the email template:
Applicant first name
The loan writer. Can be used only in DOCCENTRE - Client Accept Document Notification
Broker full name
Broker first name
Broker nick name
Link to the broker’s doc request
The client’s link for his doc request
The reason for rejection
We understand that there will be questions, feedback and unexpected scenarios that may arise during the beta period. So we've set up a dedicated help desk for all of your feedback, suggestions or questions.
To log feedback see: Logging Feedback with the Development Team