The Mercury DocCentre is in beta and ready for you to take for a test run! Learn about what to expect out of this new application.
About the beta period
Throughout the beta period you will have the opportunity to try out the DocCentre and provide feedback for our developers. Feedback is crucial to ensuring this application is fit for purpose, as it enables our developers to better understand how you engage with the software, what you expect and whether it has been delivering value.
The beta period will last until the DocCentre reaches a state where it is considered to be fit for production.
During the beta you may find that some functionality does not work in the expected way.
- Broker view summary page does support preview of .doc files. Any files saved in the .doc format will not be available for preview on the summary page, but can still be uploaded into Mercury via the DocCentre.
- Chrome is the recommended Browser for the DocCentre. To be able to fully take advantage of the DocCentre. we recommend that you and your client use the Chrome Browser.
How to launch DocCentre
We will enable the DocCentre in your Mercury, after which you will receive your welcome email.
You can access the DocCentre two ways from within an Opportunity
- Click on the New items drop-down and select Launch DocCentre
- Click on the Attachments tab and select Launch DocCentre
- To go back to Mercury, click on the Mercury Launcher (the Connective cog in the top left hand corner) and choose Mercury from the menu.
How to use DocCentre
The DocCentre is a brand-new application. Learn how to manage a Document request end to end.
Step 1: Send a Document request
- Once you have opened the DocCentre
- Create a new Document request and link the request to an Opportunity
- Add a Document Card for each document and click next
- Click Send
Step 2: Client uploads documents
- Client will receive an email with a link to the Client view DocCentre:
- Customer will upload their Documents
- NOTE: that clients will only be able to upload documents with a maximum file size of 10mb.
Step 3: Accept the documents
- Download the document to view:
- Accept each persons documents individually
- Or, accept the entire request
Note: Only when you accept the request are the clients documents are uploaded into Mercury.
Cloning a Document request
There is also the ability for you to clone a document request. This will make it easier for you managing multiple document requests as you won't need to create them each time.
NOTE: this option is only available once you have a document request available to clone.
Communicating with clients
You are also able to communicate with clients about the documents you receive. This is especially helpful if you need to reject a document and provide feedback as to why and what you require next.
NOTE: that these in-app communications and are not in real-time.
- Select the client, enter your message and click send
- Your client will return the message in their client view
We understand that there will be questions, feedback and unexpected scenarios that may arise during the beta period. So we've set up a dedicated help desk for all of your feedback, suggestions or questions.
To contact the help desk, click on the Help > Contact us > Raise a Ticket > Beta Applications and complete the support form!