The new Mercury Commissions application is in beta for a selected group of users. Learn about the new features and what to expect here.
About the beta period
If you have been selected to take part in the Beta trial, you will have the opportunity to try out the new applications and provide feedback. Feedback is crucial to ensuring the Commissions application is fit for purpose, as it enables our developers to better understand how our users engage with the software, what they expect and whether it is delivering value.
The beta period will last until the application reaches a state where it is considered to be fit for production.
What to look for
A lot of the Commissions application is much the same as the existing Commissions tab in Mercury. But there are a few differences to look out for:
New grids: The Commissions application has a brand-new set of grids that help you to slice and dice your data in a way you couldn't before.
The ability to export:
Change log: For all of your loan accounts you will now be able to see where Connective have made adjustments.
At this stage of the development process we are confident in the data integrity and the security aspects of the application.
However, during the beta you may find that some functionality does not work in the expected way - this is all part of the process and one of the main reasons for beta testing – to identify what’s not working, or not working as you need it to.
Some of these we are already aware of, but the others we’d like you to report to us as you find them.
For the things we know about, we’ve already got tickets in the backlog to correct the issues or behaviours. But so you don’t waste your time reporting these ones back to us, here’s a list of things we know aren’t working exactly as they should at this stage:
- Loading Spinner: When data is loading on the tables it may appear as if nothing is happening. This is because there is no loading spinner. Give the app a couple of minutes and the data should load. Note: that is you have a large amount of data, it will take longer to load!
- Hover description: If the window is in a compressed view and only the icons display on the menu, there are no descriptions when you hover over the icon.
- Profile/Settings button: The Profile and Settings buttons on the top right of the screen currently don't link to the profile or settings pages.
- Data refresh: As you make changes in the new application they will also be applied to the old application (and vice versa) but you will need to refresh the alternate application to see the changes that have been made
- Grid Saving Options: Whilst you can configure the filters in any grid in the Commissions Application, the changes you make will not save at the moment. This means that when you log out and back into the Application the grid will restore to it's default settings.
How to launch the new application
You will receive access to the Commissions Application in your Welcome email.
If you haven’t already logged in to Mercury, you’ll be taken to the login screen to check your username and password, and then returned to the new Commissions app.
To go back to Mercury, click on the Mercury Launcher (the Connective cog in the top left hand corner) and choose Mercury from the menu.
We understand (and hope!) that there will be questions, feedback and even unexpected scenarios that may arise during the beta period – that’s why we’re doing it.
But to make it as simple as possible to provide feedback, we've set up a dedicated helpdesk for all of your feedback, suggestions, questions and bug reports.
To contact the help desk, click on the Help > Contact us > Raise a Ticket > Commissions Application Beta and complete the support form!