The DocCentre is a document management application that allows you to send document request to your clients and have them upload their documents directly into Mercury.
Getting to know the DocCentre terms
Before you get started with the DocCentre it's important to understand the terminology used to describe the functions within the application.
- Document: Word, Excel or PDF document.
- Doc/Document Request: The group of documents that a client is required to provide.
- Card/Doc Card: Within a document request a card is used to represent a document.
- Client: The person receiving the document request.
- Client view: The version of DocCentre the client has access to.
Doc Requests move through four different statuses:
- DRAFT: The Doc Request has been created, but not yet sent to the client.
- SENT: The Doc Request has been sent to the client and is awaiting their action.
- IN PROGRESS: The client may be working on the Doc Request, or have completed the Doc Request but you have not accepted their documents.
- COMPLETE: You have accepted the Doc Request.
What you can do in the DocCentre App?
The core function of the DocCentre is to facilitate the collection of documents and upload them in to Mercury. In support of this the DocCentre also performs a number of supplementary functions.
The DocCentre has the ability to:
- Create a document request
- Link a document request to an Opportunity
- Send different documents to different clients within the one request
- Clone an existing document request
- Delete a document request (this can only be done for requests in a DRAFT status)
- Create a template Doc Request
- Clone a template Doc Request
- Apply a template or a series of templates to a request
- Accept one or more documents and send them to the attachments on your Opportunity
- Decline one or more documents
- Access the Client view so that you can help your client troubleshoot
To learn more see: Managing Doc Requests from the grid