The DocCentre is a document management application that allows you to send document request to your clients and have them upload their documents directly into Mercury.
Before you begin
During the beta you may find that some functionality does not work in the expected way.
- Broker view summary page does support preview of .doc files. Any files saved in the .doc format will not be available for preview on the summary page, but can still be uploaded into Mercury via the DocCentre.
- Chrome is the recommended Browser for the DocCentre. To be able to fully take advantage of the DocCentre. we recommend that you and your client use the Chrome Browser.
Getting to know the DocCentre terms
Before you get started with the DocCentre its important to understand the terminology used to describe the functions within the application.
- Document: Word, Excel or PDF document.
- Request/Document Request: The group of documents that a client is required to provide.
- Card/Doc Card: Within a document request a card is used to represent a document.
- Client: The person receiving the document request.
- Client View: The version of DocCentre the client has access to.
- Conversation pane: Where you send and receive messages from your client.
Doc Requests move through four different statuses:
- DRAFT: The Doc Request has been created, but not yet sent to the client.
- SENT: The Doc Request has been sent to the client and is awaiting their action.
- IN PROGRESS: The client may be working on the Doc Request, or have completed the Doc Request but you have not accepted their documents.
- COMPLETE: You have accepted the Doc Request.
What you can do in the DocCentre App?
The core function of the DocCentre is to facilitate the collection of documents and upload them in to Mercury. In support of this the DocCentre also performs a number of supplementary functions.
The DocCentre has the ability to:
- Create a document request
- Link a document request to an Opportunity
- Send different documents to different clients within the one request
- Clone an existing document request
- Delete a document request (this can only be done for requests in a DRAFT status)
- Create a template Doc Request
- Clone a template Doc Request
- Apply a template or a series of templates to a request
- Accept one or more documents and send them to the attachments on your Opportunity
- Decline one or more documents
- Access the Client view so that you can help your client troubleshoot
- Communicate with your client using the conversations function with the DocCentre
- Note: this is not a live chat function. You are only able to post messages to a Doc request.
To learn more see: Managing Doc Requests from the grid