Automations are a chain of events that run when triggered by starting conditions you define.
An automation is created by combining triggers, actions and logic. You can mix and match any of these elements in unique ways to create automation workflows that accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
First, you need to decide what you want the automation to do – map it out on a piece of paper!
The aim of sending a 'welcome' email to prospective clients is for a broker to welcome them and introduce themselves, and the value of their services - including how they can help achieve property and asset purchasing goals.
For a simple ‘Welcome’ automation, follow the below steps:
- Login to your Digital Marketing Hub
- Select Automations from the left-hand menu
- Select Create an automation from the top-right corner of the screen
- A pop-up modal will appear. Select Start from Scratch, then select Continue.
- Now select the trigger that will start the automation. In this scenario, we'll select Subscribes to a list, then select Continue.
- Now you need to confirm which subscription list a contact enters will trigger the automation - we recommend you choose the Mercury list as this is your master list that pulls all your contacts in from Mercury. Then ensure it Runs Once as you only want the contact to receive the welcome email once, then select Save start.
- Now you need to add your action. In this case we want to choose Send an email.
- Next you will need to Create an email that you want the automation to send to your client.
- Now you need to name your email. We recommend something simple like Welcome email, then select Create.
- If you are on our Premium Digital Marketing Hub plan you will be taken to your suite of already built templates, hover over the template called Welcome email and select Use this template.
- If you are on our Lite Touch or DIY plan you will need to create a new template. We recommend doing this before you create the automation by following the steps in our Wiki article How to create an email template.
- Now choose the senders details. Click on the person icon and ensure that 'BrokerPreferredFullName' is selected and the default name is correct then the 'brokerEmail' is selected and default email is correct. The default is used when there is no relationship manager assigned to the contact. Enter your subject line. We recommend Welcome to 'your business name', then select Continue.
- The next page is your chance to review the email and make any last minute adjustments. We recommend making sure that you are 100% happy with the template before you create the automation so that you don't need to make any changes in this step. Once you are happy select Next.
- The next page is the campaign summary. Here you can review the subject line, the sender details, make sure your open/read tracking and link tracking is on ect. Once you are happy, select Finish.
- Now that you have created your email, select Save.
- Now you want to end the automation by clicking on the button and then under Conditions and Workflow select End this automation. Once this you have ended your automation you want to name it in the top left hand box.
- The final step is to set the automation to Active by clicking