Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) is available for Mercury Nexus. Multi-factor Authentication is a simple step that better enables you to protect yours and your clients' data.
In the article you will learn:
- What Multi-factor authentication is
- Mercury's multi-factor authentication
- Enrolling your device for multi-factor authentication
- Logging in using Mercury multi-factor authentication
- Disabling multi-factor authentication
- Enabling multi-factor authentication
What is multi-factor authentication?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an authentication method in which a user is granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence (or factors) to an authentication mechanism.
These can be:
- Knowledge (something the user and only the user knows) - i.e. a password.
- Possession (something the user and only the user has) - i.e. security token only accessible via mobile phone.
- Inherence (something the user and only the user is) - i.e. fingerprint, face or voice recognition.
Mercury's multi-factor authentication
Mercury's multi-factor authentication requires, in addition to your username and password, a push notification sent to your mobile phone using any authenticator app.
Example Mobile Apps
Enabling/disabling multi-factor authentication
You can enable or disable multi-factor authentication in the admin app.
Note: Once MFA is enabled, only the Mercury account owner can disable their multi-factor authentication.
- Go to the Admin App
- In My Details check Enable Multi-factor Authentication (MFA)
- Log out of Mercury using the option top right. Auth0 will be enabled when the next session begins.
Note : Multi-Factor Authentication is not available on Mercury 5.
Below are instructions for the Auth0 Guardian App.
Enrolling your device for multi-factor authentication
- When you log into Mercury you will be taken to the authentication page.
- Download the Auth0 Guardian app or if already done click 'I have already downloaded it'
- Open the Auth0 Guardian App
- Your camera will open.
- Point it at the bar code displayed on the authentication login page:
- You will be asked to copy the code and store it in a safe place. This is so that if there are any issues with logging in in the future you can use this code to log in.
- Check 'I have safely recorded this code' and press the arrow to continue
- You are now all set up and will see a confirmation page. Press Continue.
- You now need to log in using multi-factor authentication (see below instructions)
Logging in using Mercury multi factor authentication
- After logging in or enrolling MFA you will be taken to the following screen
- Open the Auth0 Guardian app and click Allow
- You will be logged in to Mercury
Resetting multi-factor authentication
You can reset multi-factor authentication in the admin app:
- Go to Admin App
- In My Details click Reset MFA