Due to the rapid escalation of COVID-19, more and more businesses are moving to run 100% online. This means video calls, conference calls and webinars. To support you and your business, we have put together a step by step guide on how to stream line the process of hosting a live event/webinar. This guide will show you how to create an automation that invites your audience, sends a 3 day reminder email and a post event thank you email.
Decide which platform you want to host your live event on. If you don’t already have a platform, here are a few suggestions:
Microsoft Teams: first 6 months free. Click here for more information.
Zoom: Basic plan free. Click here for more information.
Google + Hangouts: Free. Click here for more information.
Go To Webinar: First 7 days free. Click here for more information.
Create your webinar/live event. To do this you will need to follow the instructions outlined by your chosen platform. Once you have created the event, copy the link to invite attendees. We will use this in the next step.
We have created 3 templates for you to use in your webinar automation.
Webinar - invitation Click here to URL
Webinar - 3 day reminder Click here for URL
Webinar - post event Click here for URL
To import these into your DMH account follow these steps
1. Log into your DMH account
2. Click on Campaigns & Manage templates
3. Click Create a template
4. Click or import a template
5. Paste the URL of the template above. Click OK
6. Click save & Exit.
7. Repeat steps 3 - 6 to import all 3 templates.
1. Click Campaigns and Manage templates
2. Open the template Webinar – Invitation. Here is where you want to insert all your webinar information eg time, date, what you will cover in your session, will there be a Q&A ect.
3. Click on the block with the ‘REGISTER NOW’ button. To the right you will have the option to change the colour, size and border of your button. You also want to paste your invitation link here in the HTML space.
4. Once you are happy with your template click Save & exit.
5. Open the template Webinar – 3 day reminder. Again, you want to insert all of your webinar information eg link to invitation, time, date, what you will cover in your session, will there be a Q&A ect. This email will be sent to your clients 3 days before the webinar to remind them to either sign up or tune in if they have already registered.
6. Once you are happy with the template click Save & exit.
7. Open the template Webinar – post event. You want to tailor this text to suit your webinar. Once your webinar is over, you will add your recorded webinar link here as well.
1. Select Automations from the left-hand menu
2. Select Create an automation from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. A pop-up modal will appear. Select Start from Scratch, then select Continue.
4. Now select the trigger that will start the automation. In this scenario, we'll select Start without a trigger. This is because there is no appropriate trigger to select for the action we want to take.
5. Select the action you want the automation to make. Click send an email.
6. Click Create an email.
7. Name the Automation.
8. Select your email template by hovering over the template you require and clicking Use this design.
9. At this next step, you need to add in the person who the email will come from - use the personalisation icon to select the Relationship Manager by choosing BrokerPreferredFullName. In the second box select BrokerEmail. By selecting these two, you are saying that you want this email to come from the contacts relationship manager and if for some reason the contact doesn't have a relationship manager it will pull in the default relationship managers details and be sent from them.
*your company default relationship manager was set up when we created your DMH account. If you don't know who this is contact email@example.com
In this step, you also want to add in a subject line of your choice, ideally something which will grab the attention of your client.
Then click Continue.
10. Your template will appear in the browser, click Next in the top right hand corner. You will be taken to a campaign summary page. Check that all of the details are correct. Once you are happy, click Finish in the top right to add this email to your automation.
11. Next you will be taken back to your automation map. We now want to add in a step to wait until 3 days before the event and then send a reminder email. To do this, click on the + icon underneath the invitation. Click on Conditions and Workflow and then Wait.
12. Now select Wait until specific conditions are met.
13. Digital Marketing Hub will ask you what conditions you would like met. In the Select a condition box, click on Date and time and then Current month. Leave the next box as Is. In the third box select the month of which your webinar will be hosted. Now click on +add another condition. In the Select a condition box, click on Date & time and then click on Current day of the month. Leave the next box as Is. In the third box select 3 days before your actual event is going to run. This is a reminder email, so we want to send it 3 days prior to the event. Once you are happy, click Save.
14. In the next pop up box click Save.
15. Now you want to add in your email. Click on the + icon. Follow steps 5 - 10 to send another email. Instead of selecting Webinar – invitation as the template, select Webinar – 3 day reminder template. Once you have completed the campaign set up, you will be taken back to the automation map.
16. Now we want to add in another wait period to send the recording of the webinar 1 day after it takes place (we will send it one day after to give you time to jump back in here and add in your link to view the recording before it is sent). Click the + icon underneath the 3 day reminder email. Click on Conditions and Workflow and then wait.
17. Now select Wait until specific conditions are met
18. In the Select a condition box, click on Date and time and then Current month. Leave the next box as Is. In the third box select the month of which your webinar will be hosted(remember this will be 1 day after your event so if your event is January 31 you want to select February in this box). Now click on +add another condition. In the Select a condition box, click on Date & time and then click on Current day of the month. Leave the next box as Is. In the third box select 1 day after your event is going to run. Once you are happy, click Save.
19. Now we want to add the final action which is to send the post event email. Click the + icon underneath the wait period. Follow steps 5 - 10 to send a campaign. When choosing the template to send, Instead of selecting the Webinar – invitation template, select Webinar – post event. Once you have completed this you will be taken back to your automation map. Name your automation in the top left box and then set you automation to Live to the top right hand side. Your automation map should look like this:
When you are ready to invite your contacts, we will manually push them all into this automation. To do this follow these steps.
1. Click on Contacts.
2. Click on Edit all.
3. A box with actions in it will appear, select Add to an automation and then search for the Webinar journey automation. Click Add and then Apply.
Your contacts will now start dripping through the webinar journey.
Important! Make sure you log back into your DMH account once your event is over to add in the recording link.
1. To do this, open the automation and click on the webinar – post event email.
2. Click Edit.
3. Click on the block where the button is and then add in the link to the right-hand side.
4. If you don’t have a recording of your event simply click on the settings toggle and delete the block. Update the text at your discretion. When you are happy with it click Save & exit.