Task Templates are used where you want particular Tasks generated and assigned from your Opportunity Status changes.
Creating a Task template
- In the Admin App select CRM Settings in the left panel and click on Task templates.
- Click on a new tab to add a new template.
- Set up a template by giving it a Template Name and choosing an Opportunity Type. Either select a specific Opportunity Type that this template can be applied to, or select All.
- Click on the button to add a new task and set up the task information.
- Subject: each task you add will be listed in alphabetical order when applied, so they are in sequence, it's best to label them numerically eg. 101, 102, 103, etc.
- Delegate: the person who the task is assigned to. The task will appear in their CRM, and on their dashboard on the due date.
- Date Offset: set the task before the Offset Dependency date by entering a negative number, or after the dependency date by entering a positive number. In the screenshot below, the due date of task 101 is 10 days before settlement. The due date of task 103 is on the day of settlement.
- Offset Dependency: choose the relevant offset dependency from the drop-down list.
- Click Save & Exit.
Note: The Task Templates are not available when creating an ad-hoc task from a Person or Opportunity record. They are used via the Status Auto-Actions.