It is possible to share an Opportunity with another Loan Writer that is not in your Partner Group or Virtual Branch. Some of our users find this is a useful way to share leads while retaining both the client and Opportunity data in their own CRM. It is also used between new Loan Writers and Mentors.
How sharing works
It is possible to share Opportunities with other loan writers that are not in your company, or to another virtual branch in your company. Some of our users find this is a useful way to share leads, while retaining both the Client and Opportunity data in their own CRM.
Once an Opportunity is shared:
Both parties will see the Opportunity in their CRM.
The person who shares an Opportunity can cancel the share at any time, and this will remove their Opportunity and client data from the other party's CRM.
This will only share the Opportunity. The people records will be accessible via the shared Opportunity, but will not be searchable in the destination CRM.
Commissions will automatically go to the parent company of the Loan Writer of the Opportunity. It is up to that loan writer (or company) to set up any required commission splitting with the originating company. Refer to Splitting to Payees.
- Sharing the Mercury Opportunity will not allow the other party to be able to access a previously generated Apply Online application. The same is true in reverse if the person who the opportunity was shared with was to start the Apply Online application.
To setup Opportunity sharing to another company, the Company Director will need to submit a Helpdesk ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
Your full name
Your CA number (Mercury Account)
Your company name
The full name of the user that you wish to share with (and their CA number if you know it)
Their company name.
How to Share an Opportunity
- Open the Opportunity you want to share.
- Click Share With and choose the loan writer you wish to share with. Click OK.
- You will be prompted to send an email to the selected loan writer to advise them of the shared Opportunity.
- The Opportunity will be visible in both your CRM and loan writer's CRM.
- The loan writer will be able to search their CRM for the Opportunity, but the Contacts will not display in their CRM searches at all.
- To view and edit the contact records, the loan writer will need to open the Opportunity and go to Contacts.
- Cancel the sharing of the Opportunity by repeating the above instructions. Select Don't Share. The Opportunity will be removed from the loan writer's CRM.