DocuSign allows you to electronically send a Word document to have it digitally signed, pages initialed or a checkbox ticked by the recipients.
You can send a Word document to 1 or more recipients to:
- provide their electronic signature.
- electronically initial each page.
- tick a checkbox.
Once complete, the document is automatically stored in the Attachments section of the Opportunity.
- If using Docusign via Mercury Nexus you are using the Connective Docusign Account. You will not have access to login using our account in order to retrieve Docusign Audit Certificates. If you require an Audit Certificate you will need to sign up for a Digital Signature service yourself.
- Only one (1) document can be actioned in Mercury, at any time.
- Clients will not be able to access DocuSign from Hong Kong, Russia, China or Ukraine as the IP addresses from these nations are blocked for security reasons.
Sending a DocuSign Request
In order for the Docusign to work properly. Please use the Docusign version of the document that the clients will need to sign.
Docusign in Nexus will be greyed out when you select a non-word format.
The Docusign url that you will see in the Note on the record has been redacted - However the client will receive the unredacted url which allows them to access the secure document.
- Go to the Attachments section of the Opportunity.
- Select the file that you want to send for Docusign
- Click on the Docusign button
- Add all applicants that are to sign the document
- Select the email template to use
- Click Next
- Click Send
The Docusign email request will be sent to the Primary applicant. When the Primary applicant completes the digital signature the next applicant will automatically be sent the Docusign invitation. There's no requirement to send the request separately to each applicant.