You have the option to change your password in Mercury Nexus.
If you are logged in to Nexus and just want to update/change your password, please refer to the steps and screenshots below;
Please go to the Admin link > My Details tab and click on the Change Password button.
Enter the desired password. Confirm it and click on the Update button. Please refer to the notes section below on how you set up a good, strong, and much better password for your Mercury account.
Please take note of the following;
- 7 characters and below is Too Short (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. but random). The Confirm Password box will stay greyed out.
- 8 characters are Good (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. but random characters). The confirm password box will start to allow the user to enter and confirm the password.
- 9 characters and above is Strong (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc but random characters)
- any same numbers (eg. 11111111111) or same letters (eg. qqqqqqqq) or same symbols (eg. !!!!!!!!!!) regardless of how long it is will still give you a weak password.
- also, there is a "How to increase password strength?" button that you can click on the same page if you want to know more on how to set up a much stronger password.