When you are already logged in to Mercury you have the option to change your password from the Admin App. If your password has expired please follow the reset prompts on the login page.
Resetting your password
- Open Admin
- From the My Details tab click the Change Password button
- Enter the desired password, repeat to confirm and click on the Update button.
- Enter at least 11 Alphanumeric characters.
- 7 characters and below is Too Short (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. but random). The Confirm Password box will stay greyed out.
- 8 characters are Good (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc. but random characters). The confirm password box will start to allow the user to enter and confirm the password.
- 9 characters and above is Strong (regardless if you just enter all letters or all numbers, etc but random characters)
- Include at least one special character (Banana$%?!)
- any of the same numbers (eg. 11111111111) or same letters (eg. qqqqqqqq) or same symbols (eg. !!!!!!!!!!) regardless of how long it is will still give you a weak password.
EXPERT TIP: Try to think of a phrase or combination of words that are meaningful to you, that you and only you know and that you will remember.
You can also use the "How to increase password strength?" button if you want to know more on how to set up a much stronger password.