The Mercury Inbox allows you to push emails and attachments from your email inbox directly into Mercury Nexus Person and Opportunity records.
The Mercury Inbox can be used in two ways:
- You can send an email to your unique Mercury email address and then allocate to an opportunity or person within Mercury.
- You can email directly to an opportunity or person within Mercury using an email address specific to that opportunity or person record. The email will be stored automatically in the notes section of the opportunity or person record.
NOTE: The Mercury Inbox supports multiple attachments being sent in one email but only up to five (5) attachments are allowed in every email to send. You won't receive the email you have sent in your Mercury Inbox if you have attached six (6) attachments and above.
How to access the Mercury Inbox
In the CAF CRM application click the Mercury Inbox icon in the main navigation menu on the left.
Finding your unique Mercury email address
You can find unique Mercury Inbox email address for each opportunity. Open the relevant Opportunity, in the top toolbar you will see Copy Opportunity Email Address.
You can also find your unique inbox email address and also branch email addresses @Company Inbox Addresses in the top right corner of the Inbox app.
Note: Do not enter the Mercury email address in the Bcc: address field as the Mercury Inbox function will not process the email.
Assigning the email to an opportunity or person
Click the Allocate button to assign an email to a record.
The allocation window will appear. Use the Search field to locate records. Click the Assign button to complete the process.
Your email will appear on that record as a Note.
If you send to the main email address then you can select whether any attachments in that email are saved into the Attachments section or on the Note itself.
If you send directly to a Person, Company or Opportunity email address then the attachments will save in the Attachments section by default.
Finding the email address specific to an opportunity or person
- Open the Opportunity, Person
- Click on View Opportunity (or Person) Email Address.
- Copy the email address to your contacts
- Send the email to this email address. The email and any attachments will be stored automatically in the Notes section of the opportunity or person record.
The Mercury Inbox is uploading the emails as Notes in the Opportunity or Person record. The note field is using HTML to display the email. Please note that if you send in your email as a Plain Text email the formatting will be lost.
Bcc to the Mercury Inbox - unsupported
Mercury does not support Bcc to the Mercury Inbox.
Some users with a Gmail address have been able to successfully Bcc the Mercury Inbox and have their emails come through.
As this service is not supported, we are unable to assist if you experience issues.
Please note: it's important to regularly clear out the Mercury Inbox. You will see up to a maximum of 100 emails in the Mercury Inbox at any one time.