You don’t want a database full of incorrect phone numbers or email addresses that bounce. Just like duplicate people records in your CRM can cause problems with reporting and correspondence. Good CRM data management saves you time and money.
Mercury Nexus make it easy to locate and delete duplicate people records.
How do I find duplicate records?
The best way to detect duplicate people records in your CRM is to generate a report.
- In the CRM app, select Reports from the main left-hand menu.
- Open the Custom Report tab from top menu.
- Choose Master: Duplicate People from the Report Name list.
- Click Download Report.
How do remove the duplicates?
You will need to use the Duplicate People Report to manually search for each duplicate people record. Select the most relevant people record and delete the other(s).
Can these duplicate records be automatically merged/ deleted?
No. It is not possible for Mercury to determine which information is to be kept and which is to be deleted, therefore the merging and deleting of duplicate people must be done manually.
Note: It is a good idea to consider the following before deleting the duplicate:
- Are there Opportunities linked to the record?
- Are there any Attachments you need to download from the record?