Tax file number (TFN) redaction is an important obligation under The Privacy (Tax File Number) Rule 2015 (TFN Rule). Mercury Nexus helps you meet your legislative requirements and the TFN Redaction report enables you to track the progress of all redactions to ensure you don’t miss any.
The TFN Redaction report provides information on the following:
- The user who requested the TFN redaction.
- The names of the document the TFN was redacted from.
- Details of the opportunity the document is linked to.
- The status of the TFN redaction.
- Dates the TFN redaction was requested, sent and processed.
How do I report on tax file redactions?
You can generate a TFN Redaction report as follows:
- In the CRM app, select Reports from the main left-hand menu.
- Navigate to Database Activity in the top menu.
- Select TFN Redaction.
- From here you can choose to customise the report using the following filters:
- Select the User from the drop down.
- Choose a Date range to report on.
- The report will automatically generate based on the filters you select.
- Click on View in the far right column to download and open the document.
- Right click the table to Export the data into Excel.