We know you collect and store sensitive data every single day. That’s why security is built into everything we do. We’re committed to safeguarding your data, so you can focus on the things that matter – growing your business. That’s why Mercury Nexus comes with Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), a simple to use, but effective security measure, that protects your data.
How does multi-factor authentication work?
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an authentication method that requires two or more proofs of identity to grant you access.
In addition to your username and password, MFA in Mercury Nexus requires you to enter a code that you generate using any authenticator app on your mobile device. Examples authenticator apps include:
- Auth0 Guardian
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- 2FA Authenticator
How do I enable or disable MFA in Mercury Nexus?
You can enable or disable multi-factor authentication (MFA) in the Admin app. We’ve detailed the steps using the Auth0 Guardian app; however you can choose what app you use.
Note: Once MFA is enabled, only the Mercury account owner can disable their multi-factor authentication.
- Open the Admin
- In My Details check Enable Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
- Log out of Mercury Nexus. Auth0 will be enabled when the next session begins.
How do I enrol my mobile device for MFA?
- When you next log into Mercury you will be taken to the authentication page.
- Download the Auth0 Guardian app on your mobile device, or if you have already click 'I have already downloaded it'.
- Open the Auth0 Guardian App on your mobile device. The app will open your camera. Point it at the QR code displayed on the authentication login page:
- You will be asked to copy the code and store it in a safe place. This is so that if there are any issues with the authenticator app you can use this code to log in.
- Check 'I have safely recorded this code' and press the arrow to continue. You are now all set up and will see a confirmation page. Press Continue. The next time you log in you will need to use the multi-factor authentication.
How do I log in using MFA?
- When you log in (after enabling MFA) you will see the following screen.
- Open the Auth0 Guardian app and click Allow
- You will be logged in to Mercury Nexus.
How do I reset multi-factor authentication?
You can easily reset multi-factor authentication via the Admin app.
- Go to Admin App
- In My Details click Reset MFA