Passwords provide the first line of defence against unauthorised access to your account and information. When your account is created in Mercury Nexus an initial password will be set, however it is a good idea to change that on your first log in.
Note: The Mercury Nexus help desk do not store passwords. If a password has been forgotten it needs to be reset via the automated Mercury Password Reset process below.
What makes a good password?
The stronger the password, the more protected you will be. In Mercury Nexus your password must:
- Ideally be at least 11 Alphanumeric characters long.
- 7 characters and below is too short and the Confirm Password box will stay greyed out.
- 8 characters is considered good, and the Confirm Password box will start to allow the user to enter and confirm the password.
- 9 characters and above is strong.
- Include at least one special character (Banana$%?!).
- Not be a combination of the same numbers (eg. 11111111111) or same letters (eg. qqqqqqqq) or same symbols (eg. !!!!!!!!!!). Regardless of how long , this will always give you a weak password.
How do I reset my Mercury Nexus password?
- Click Forgot Password? at the log in screen.
- Follow the prompts, which will ask you to enter your CA number (eg CA12345), and email address.
- Click Send me the SMS Code which will send a text message containing the verification code to your registered mobile phone.
- Enter the verification code and click
- An email will then be sent to you, which will allow you to access Mercury and set a new password.
Note: You need to have a mobile number and valid email address recorded in you Mercury user account. Learn how to add your mobile number here.
How do I update my password?
- Open the Admin app.
- Navigate to the My Details tab in the main left-hand menu.
- Click the Change Password
Enter the desired password, repeat to confirm and click on the Update button.