Under current legislation you are required to gain consent in order to send some documents to your client electronically. Mercury Nexus streamlines the process with a built-in consent prompt located in the Client Centre.
How do I gain consent to send documents to my client electronically?
Consent is only required for Disclosure Documents. To enable the built-in consent prompt:
- Open the CRM and select Opportunities from the main left-hand menu.
- Highlight and open the relevant opportunity.
- Select Client Centre from the sub left-hand menu.
- Use the Disclosure Document drop-down to select the relevant documents.
- Highlight and open the Client Centre request. Click here to learn more about creating Client Centre requests.
- Ensure the documents you added appear under the Home Page If not, use the Attach Existing button to select and attach the document.
The next time your client logs in to the Client Centre they will see the below prompt.
Once the client has made their choice, it will be recorded in the Notes section of the opportunity.
Note: If the client wants to receive their documents via email, it’s important you send them promptly and retain a copy of the email in the notes section of the opportunity. You also need to ensure the Credit Proposal Disclosure is signed and the risk and insurance declaration ticked.