Setting your database up in a way that makes sense to your business is essential. This may include limiting access to some users.
In addition to Access Levels, Mercury create Virtual Branches to segregate your database and restrict users to only see records created by themselves or other users in the Virtual Branch. You can partition your database in a way that makes sense to you, such as by state, office or broker for example.
How do I create a Virtual Branch?
You need Partner Level access to set up Virtual Branches. To set up a Virtual Branch:
- Open Admin app and select Partner Details from the left-hand menu.
- Navigate to Virtual Branches in the top menu.
- Click the +Add button to create a new Virtual Branch.
- Give your branch a new name and click OK.
You will need to log out of Mercury Nexus for the change to take effect.
How do I move a user to a Virtual Branch?
Once you have created your Virtual Branch you will need to add users to it. To do this:
- Open the Admin app and select Manage Users in the left-hand menu
- Open the user you want to move into the new Virtual Branch by double clicking the record.
- Assign the user to a branch with the Select Branch drop down