Mercury Nexus is designed to save you time. We don’t want you wasting time switching between platforms. For this reason, you can edit documents from within Mercury Nexus using the Word Online Editor.
How do I edit a document in Mercury Nexus?
To edit a document using Word Online:
- Open the CRM and select either People, Companies or Opportunities from the main left-hand menu.
- Highlight and open the relevant record.
- Navigate to Attachments in the sub left-hand menu.
- Highlight a document from the list and click Word Online.
- Your document will open in a new tab.
- Make the relevant changes and wait for the status in the top title bar to change from Saving to Saved.
- The document will automatically update in the Attachments
Note. You may need to press the Refresh button to see the updated document
Before you use the Word Online Editor consider the following:
- Merge tags :Only text can be edited within the Word Online. Merge tags can only be edited by downloading the document, editing it, and uploading it into Mercury.
- Master Documents: Master documents can only be edited from within the Master Company.
- .doc converts to .docx: Documents saved in .doc version will be converted into .docx when they are edited via the Word Online Editor. This means that the .doc version will not be available after the edit is made.