Managing paper, printers and the post is unnecessary in today’s digital landscape.
DocuSign allows you to electronically send a Word document to have it digitally signed, pages initialed or a checkbox ticked by the recipients. Once complete, the document is automatically stored in the Attachments section of the Opportunity.
Note. If you use Docusign via Mercury Nexus you are using the Connective account and you will not be able to log in to retrieve an audit certificate. If you require one you will need to sign up for a service yourself.
How do I send a DocuSign Request?
You can only send a Word document for signing. To do this:
- Open the CRM and select either People, Companies or Opportunities from the main left-hand menu.
- Highlight and open the relevant record.
- Navigate to Attachments in the sub left-hand menu.
- Highlight the document you need signed and click the Docusign
- Use the +Signer drop-down to select the document signer.
- Use the drop-down menu to select who to:
- Convert signature fields for.
- Covert checkboxes for.
- Require page initials for.
- Select the email template you want to use and click Learn more about email templates here.
Note. The address link will appear redacted to you in order to protect your client’s privacy. Your client will receive the full link.
- Click send.
Once your client has signed the document it will automatically appear in the Attachments tab. You will also receive an email informing you that this has happened.
Note. Only one document can be actioned in Mercury Nexus at any time. Clients will not be able to access DocuSign from Hong Kong, Russia, China or Ukraine as the IP addresses from these nations are blocked for security reasons.